Queen fixed blade info needed

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
BFORSE

Queen fixed blade info needed

Post by BFORSE »

I got this queen knife for free and I was wanting some information about it. There is no tang stamp. The only way I knew that it was a queen was because of the big “Q” logo in the middle of the handle.

Does anyone know the model#, and approximate date of manufacture??

Thanks
1DEDBFB1-E0AB-49AD-B99B-9103F3264B76.jpeg
1F976C90-5F62-44CD-ABD6-A89E83307534.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Queen fixed blade info needed

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I am in the same boat as you. I got this today and I am looking at tang stamp charts, but I am not seeing what year this was made. Anyone out there have an idea what year the tang stamp on my blade would be? ::hmm:: I think the "Made in the USA" marking was during or just after the 40's... :roll:
Attachments
DSC00007.JPG
DSC00008.JPG
DSC00009.JPG
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

I can find a chart for the tang stamps on folders, but I am not seeing this tang stamp anywhere :roll:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

bdev

Post by bdev »

I'd guess 1945-55. There is a tang stamp with the crown over Q in the charts.
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Gone2Three
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Gone2Three »

Think we're on track here...
I found this on page 40 of their 52 catalog that looks like a match for the big Q knife on the handle. Continues in years following
up to about 70 where the Q stamping is no longer stamped in the wood in the 72 release.

The Queen Cutlery Co looks older so your probably right on with the dating on it ::tu::

Randy
Attachments
Screenshot_20210915-083530_Drive.jpg
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Gone2Three wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:07 pm Think we're on track here...
I found this on page 40 of their 52 catalog that looks like a match for the big Q knife on the handle. Continues in years following
up to about 70 where the Q stamping is no longer stamped in the wood in the 72 release.

The Queen Cutlery Co looks older so your probably right on with the dating on it ::tu::

Randy
Thank you!! I think you solved the mystery for me. There is the faintest indication of that same pattern on my blade as well. I thought I might have had a fillet knife but the blade stock seemed too thick, now I know that it has been sharpened a lot.
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

bdev wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:03 pm I'd guess 1945-55. There is a tang stamp with the crown over Q in the charts.
Thanks! ::handshake::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Gone2Three wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:07 pm Think we're on track here...

Randy
Tanks you Randy ::nod::

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”