Premier Series

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
bill2000

Re: Premier Series

Post by bill2000 »

I guess things must be busy at Queen Cutlery and thats a good thing. The wait for collectors is tough to take though. Maybe our resident Queen employee will chime in with his take on the situation (hint, hint)! Its been a while since we've heard from him here.
Looking for Winchester .270 Cartridge Series knives
BIGHEAD

Post by BIGHEAD »

Dave this Railsplitter is da BOMB ::nod:: ::nod::
Attachments
IMG_0473.JPG.jpeg
IMG_0473.JPG.jpeg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
woseyjales

Post by woseyjales »

Barry, looks like that one and the Ontario/RAT might be first cuzzins.

Only Premier I have is the T51, I agree Clarence has
been a pleasure to deal with and has been very helpful. ::nod::
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Well, I bought that #7 Sm. English Jack for myself for Christmas. I was up in the middle of the night (again) and cruising AAPK when it suddenly hit me to try SMKW. Don't ask where that inspiration came from but I checked their Schatt & Morgan line and cha ching, there it was in all it's alluring beauty. Took me a good 30 minutes to decide to pull the trigger but I'm glad I did. That'sa nicea knife.
Attachments
S&MEnglishJack.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
knowtracks

Post by knowtracks »

She is a beauty Jerry! I really like the slim package with the match striker pull. ::tu::
Nice cribbage board by the way :mrgreen:
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!
mito0

Post by mito0 »

::tu::
that premier #7 is one of my main edc's - probably my favorite schatt.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

knowtracks wrote:She is a beauty Jerry! I really like the slim package with the match striker pull. ::tu::
Nice cribbage board by the way :mrgreen:
My son made that for me from his first kill.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
knowtracks

Post by knowtracks »

[quote="jerryd6818" [/quote]

My son made that for me from his first kill.[/quote]

Don't get no better than that!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
I don't speak no Flathead ya know!
mito0

Post by mito0 »

an update on the long awaited 10th edition of the premier series - this is from an email i just received from clarence risner:

I SHOULD BE GETTING THE LOCKBACK, HUMPBACK WHITTLER NEXT MONTH. AM VERY
ANXIOUS TO RECEIVE IT. THIS KNIFE PATTERN ACCORDING TO MY RESEARCH, HAS NOT
BEEN PRODUCED SINCE AROUND 1917. GUESS IT MUST HAVE BEEN A REAL CHALLENGE FOR
QUEEN. WE MUST COMPLIMENT THEM ON THEIR PATIENCE, AND MY PERSISTENCE THAT THEY COULD DO IT.

::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool:: ::drool::
BuckeyeSchatt

Post by BuckeyeSchatt »

Here's the long awaited Premier # 10 Lockback Humpback Whittler. I love it! Thanks Clarence.
Attachments
Premier #10.jpg
Premier #10.jpg II.jpg
Premier #10.jpg III.jpg
Premier #10 IV.jpg
Premier #10.jpg V.jpg
mito0

Post by mito0 »

BuckeyeSchatt wrote:Here's the long awaited Premier # 10 Lockback Humpback Whittler. I love it! Thanks Clarence.
well, i'll be danged.
i emailed clarence about that very knife only a week or two ago, and it hadn't come in!
thanks for the heads-up and the photos!
::tu::
carvin don
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by carvin don »

well congrats buckeye ::tu:: ...looks real nice... ::tu::
Don
bill2000

Post by bill2000 »

I guess I'm not thrilled by this one. I see gaps between the liner and springs in the first picture and a spring thats not flush when the blades open in the fourth. I've managed to collect the whole series and all of those exhibit the workmanship we've come to expect from Queen in the Schatt and Morgan line. I also think the lock looks ungainly. Made me chuckle seeing the 2008 date on the blade.

On a positive note, the bone and bolsters are very nice. I'll buy this one to keep the collection complete but I don't think its destined to be one of my favorites.
BuckeyeSchatt

Post by BuckeyeSchatt »

bill2000 wrote:I guess I'm not thrilled by this one. I see gaps between the liner and springs in the first picture and a spring thats not flush when the blades open in the fourth. I've managed to collect the whole series and all of those exhibit the workmanship we've come to expect from Queen in the Schatt and Morgan line. I also think the lock looks ungainly. Made me chuckle seeing the 2008 date on the blade.

On a positive note, the bone and bolsters are very nice. I'll buy this one to keep the collection complete but I don't think its destined to be one of my favorites.
bill2000 take another look at picture IV the backspring sould be in that position because the coping blade is not in the full open state. As for the ungainly lock that's the way the original knife that this reproduction is based on was built in 1917? I think you are being a little hard on this nice little knife? ::shrug:: Take a look at the picture of the Remington that this piece was based on. http://knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/877527/
Froggyedge

Post by Froggyedge »

Very nice! ::tu::

For sure, it's not a perfect lock or a state of the art lock anno 2010, but it's never meant to be either, as this is a reproduction of a design close to 100 years old.
Great looking jigged bone and nice bolsters!
Knivlaus mann er livlaus mann.

A knifeless man is a lifeless man - Old Nordic proverb.
bill2000

Post by bill2000 »

bill2000 take another look at picture IV the backspring sould be in that position because the coping blade is not in the full open state. As for the ungainly lock that's the way the original knife that this reproduction is based on was built in 1917? I think you are being a little hard on this nice little knife? ::shrug:: Take a look at the picture of the Remington that this piece was based on. http://knifeforums.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/877527/
I stand corrected on the spring BuckeyeSchatt, hadn't noticed the position of the coping blade. Looked at the picture in my pre-second cup of coffee state early this morning! Thanks for the link. I didn't realize Queen was making a reproduction here. Still not a fan of that lock but now I understand where they were going with it. Are the gaps there or is it just the photo?

Like I said, the bone and bolsters are beautiful. I'll be buying it and I'm sure I'll come to love it like a mom loves an ugly baby!
BuckeyeSchatt

Post by BuckeyeSchatt »

bill2000 the gaps are there but I think once you get to know this ugly little baby you'll fall in love with it. :D
bill2000

Post by bill2000 »

I'm sure you're right. Some you like right away, others grow on you. I'm anxious to get it in hand. Sure was a long wait for this one.
bill2000

Post by bill2000 »

Has anybody else seen the new Premier? I'd love to hear your impressions.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”