Unusual description of Queen steak knife handles

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Unusual description of Queen steak knife handles

Post by treefarmer »

A month or so back I ran across 6 Queen steak knives, they have real Winterbottom handles, a sideways "Q", probably the '52-'55 stamp and all with the etch on the blade, a "Q" surrounded by "Finest Stainless". What caught my attention was the way the knives were described: Vintage wood faux antler handles. ::hmm:: I checked them again last night and decided to buy them for $30/free shipping. Same pages there were the longer knives of the same set bread knives, meat slicers, etc. for over fifty bucks each. ::shrug:: The handles are identical to the handle on this one I got a year or so back:
002.JPG
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Unusual description of Queen steak knife handles

Post by doglegg »

Be interested to see them when you get them Phillip. (although I bet the steak Miss Joy fixes you could cut with a fork) ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

My "vintage wood faux antler handles" arrived today. Seems like a nice pile of real Winterbottom bone to me. :) I'll be looking around for a carving fork with Winterbottom bone "vintage wood faux antler handles" and a big old "Q" stamped on the tang. One of the knives has a bit of a crack around the rivet/pin near the pommel, but one out of five ain't too bad, being they a faux.
Treefarmer
6 Queen steak knives and 2 long knives I had already found.  Real Winterbottom is neat stuff in my book! The 3rd one up from the bottom has the damaged bone.
6 Queen steak knives and 2 long knives I had already found. Real Winterbottom is neat stuff in my book! The 3rd one up from the bottom has the damaged bone.

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Philip you did good. Your being a winter bone fan I bet those fit you just fine. Does this make you Philip the Treefauxmer? Looks like you picked up a knice group there. Congrats. ::nod:: ::tu::

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”