Queen mini Trapper ? ID help needed

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
SteveC
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Queen mini Trapper ? ID help needed

Post by SteveC »

I just received this one today. The closest I saw in the old catalogs is a 51 which is a two blade Dogleg. Anyone know what it might be ?

Mini trapper ::shrug::

3 5/16th closed with a 2 1/2" blade Rogers bone handles
Attachments
20200302_135824.jpg
20200302_135845.jpg
20200302_140000.jpg
bdev

Re: Queen mini Trapper ? ID help needed

Post by bdev »

I do not believe Queen made that knife in 1977. In my opinion, it looks to be a modern "put together" using a 77 blade (the blade also looks to have been buffed). Queen did not use bone in 1977. They used Delrin. A single blade dogleg was never offered in 1977.

Check out this 1972-78 catalog pdf.
https://queencutleryhistory.com/wp-cont ... 2-1978.pdf
Queen City. My favorite! Bruno. ::tu::
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

I don't know the answers...but it's a fine looking knife! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
bighomer

Post by bighomer »

I agree with Bruno, and expect to see many more home built queens. Go to queen knives on ebay and you will see why, unbelievable how many blades, springs and such is for sale. ::woot::
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

......I'm with doc on this one!!....I like it!!.......... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ......................
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by knifeaholic »

bdev wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:21 pm I do not believe Queen made that knife in 1977. In my opinion, it looks to be a modern "put together" using a 77 blade (the blade also looks to have been buffed). Queen did not use bone in 1977. They used Delrin. A single blade dogleg was never offered in 1977.

Check out this 1972-78 catalog pdf.
https://queencutleryhistory.com/wp-cont ... 2-1978.pdf
Queen did make a limited production set in 1977 consisting of a full size trapper and a mini trapper, both with Rogers bone handles. The "Master Cutler" series. The OP knife is of course a cobbled knife with recent handles, but the blade may have been made for that set.

Neither Queen nor any other company had made a "mini trapper" prior to that, so I give Queen credit for inventing the mini trapper as a pattern. Case has made the mini trapper famous, but they did not introduce theirs until 1980.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Whatever the case, it's a fine looking knife ::tu:: . Whoever put it together, knew what he was doing, again fine knife ::tu:: .
Willy :D
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”