Queen City 6 in hunting knife

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
steve99f

Queen City 6 in hunting knife

Post by steve99f »

Picked up this nice condition Queen City 6 in hunting knife from AAPK seller nifbuf. Looked military and I hadn't seen any of its twins anywhere on line or at shows. I've attached a few sellers pictures . Ricasso is marked Queen City in two lines. Non-original sheath came with but off good quality. According to the mark the knife was made from late 30's to 1945. The knife does show up in the last Sargent's with a value indicated and it is called a military knife. I like to learn anything else there may be to know about this. Very pleased with it. Thanks for looking.
Attachments
queen fighting knife a.jpg
Queen Fighting knife blade.jpg
Queen fighting knife pommel.jpg
Queen fighting knife ricasso stamp.jpg
steve99f
Gunsil

Re: Queen City 6 in hunting knife

Post by Gunsil »

Hi Steve, knife is a knife made to sell at PX stores during WW2. It was not an issue knife. I am sure you have walked by a few at Allentown, I have seen several there. Not as common as the KA-BAR PX knives but there are still a bunch of them around. I always liked them, but as you know I kind of like most fixed blades. Probably you have seen one in my display at Lewisburg, I probably have three or four and usually have one in my military knife case at shows.
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Thanks Gene. I don't usually pay attention to military knives and so wasn't aware that Queen made any. I have seen the Case 337 knife on line and in person. i do have a Cat 225Q and like it a lot, what a tank it is! So this Queen is my second one. Sargent's talks about a narrow blade version of this knife, would you happen to have one of those?

Hope you are doing well. This pandemic has closed all the good stuff down although local golf courses opened yesterday so maybe things will get better for other activities.

Take care.
steve99f
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

I do not believe there was a narrow blade version of the Queen knife. There is a very similar knife with a more narrow blade but they are marked Williams. Sick as a dog over here, doc says I have the virus although I tested negative. Been down for almost a month, hopefully recover soon. MDs are all closed here, doc diagnosed me via facetime interview. Virus rampaging here largely due to the ultra orthodox hassidic jews who refuse to adhere to travel and distancing rules and they spread it all around. Damn governor won't do a thing to stop them because they block vote and control a lot of money, and the local police near their enclaves are all in their pockets. My county executive has called on the governor to send in national guard to enforce quarantine in their enclaves but governor refuses to do so. Stay safe, this isn't over yet!
steve99f

Post by steve99f »

Gene, funny you should mention the Hassidim. My SIL who lives in Point Pleasant Beach, NJ has complained about them for the same reasons. Apparently there is a huge enclave in Lakehurst, NJ. She did mention that 5 rabbi's had died from it over there. Chosen? Maybe so. Me, I've got no time for them.

I am sorry to hear your down with this damn thing, and hope for a quick recovery. It is a shame about your governor, bought and paid for.
steve99f

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”