Queen Stag Folding Hunter 70's Logo

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
scagel

Queen Stag Folding Hunter 70's Logo

Post by scagel »

I just bought this from a club member. Unused, factory edge and logo that dates it to the early 70's. It appears too good to be true. Walk, talk all perfect. My question is did Queen make it or is it a 'contract' knife? Mine to keep no matter what.
Attachments
DSC_1759.JPG
DSC_1762.JPG
DSC_1763.JPG
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Queen Stag Folding Hunter 70's Logo

Post by doglegg »

Sweet knife, congrats. ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

scagel,
As you said the stamp is early 70's, chart shows '73-'75. I believe it is a #44, a single blade folding hunter. Does it have a blade etch, can't tell from the picture? I'm not sure about the handle material, might be re-handled or it may be factory. ::shrug:: I feel fairly certain that it would be a special factory order with that type of stage during that era.
Need some expert help on this fine looking knife.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Beautiful knife Mr. scagel ::tu:: .
I'll go check me info and see what I can come up with, hand tight everyone...
Willy ::hmm::
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
WillyCamaro

Post by WillyCamaro »

Philip got it ::tu:: .
1973-1975, limited edition stag, #44 single folding blade hunter. I don't have the exact same knife in my papers, my catalogue is from 1981. There is a limited edition copperhead, fitted with very similar stag.
Hope my "expert" opinion helps :mrgreen: .
::handshake::
Willy :D
"Never, never, never give up."
Winston Churchill

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:34
scagel

Post by scagel »

You are all very nice with your 'expert' help. I love this knife. No blade etch, I doubt if it was rehandled, absolutely mint. That long tailed Queen..Nothing on the pile side. No 'USA' no numbers. I just put some 'clove' oil in the joints like the old timers taught me. Now I'm an ol' timer. trying to figure that out..
Attachments
DSC_1521.JPG
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

scagel wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 pm You are all very nice with your 'expert' help. I love this knife. No blade etch, I doubt if it was rehandled, absolutely mint. That long tailed Queen..Nothing on the pile side. No 'USA' no numbers. I just put some 'clove' oil in the joints like the old timers taught me. Now I'm an ol' timer. trying to figure that out..
I've never heard of using clove oil. Is it supposed to be better than other oils?
I use Quick Release.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”