source

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
brucegodlesky

source

Post by brucegodlesky »

lotsa questions asked on this forum and I have never seen anyone refer to Fred Sampson as a source of info. Why???
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: source

Post by edge213 »

brucegodlesky wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm lotsa questions asked on this forum and I have never seen anyone refer to Fred Sampson as a source of info. Why???
?? ::shrug:: ??
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

brucegodlesky wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:27 pm lotsa questions asked on this forum and I have never seen anyone refer to Fred Sampson as a source of info. Why???
The “search” capability here on AAPK is your friend. search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=Sampson

You can find the search function on the upper left of this page under Quick links. To find the information about Fred Sampson, after opening the search function I typed in “Sampson” and hit submit. Then when I got back pages of posts with Sampson, not all of them related to Fred Sampson, while still in the pages about Sampson I typed “Fred” into the little box that says “Search these results. See the link I posted to find the resulting posts containing Sampson. Type “Fred” into the box and hit the little magnifying glass icon to limit your search to posts containing Fred Sampson. ::handshake::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I would had to have pled guilty for not knowing the name Fred Sampson about 5 minutes ago. :) Fred Sampson, a master cutler. I saw his name in several spots on a Queen information site. Ain't the internet amazing! If I could only retain all that I read.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

I didn’t know who Fred Sampson is either. While being a master cutler is impressive, it doesn’t by itself mean you’re a well known source of information. Or even want to be. So maybe that’s the answer to the OP question. ::shrug::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
brucegodlesky

Post by brucegodlesky »

Over the years, I have run into Fred at Titusville shows and he is always more than happy to answer inquiries. Really a great source of information!
While master cutler he had his own stamp and made some terrific folders!
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

Sure you're not thinking of Fred Fisher? He set up at the Queen show in Pleasantville for many years and was the Queen expert.
Roger
brucegodlesky

Post by brucegodlesky »

Fred Fisher never worked for Q.
brucegodlesky

Post by brucegodlesky »

this is one of Fred's big folding hunters. He told me he made less than 20 of them. At one time I had 10 of them and gave most away to kids and family. I think one or 2 had ebony scales.
Attachments
DSCN8733.JPG

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”