S&M File and Wire Tested

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
Dollie

S&M File and Wire Tested

Post by Dollie »

Do all of the S&M File and Wire tested pocket knives have that etched or stamped on them? Maybe just the F&W? I am seeing a lot of S&M knives on the Bay that come with boxes that state File and Wire Tested but it is not on the knife. Do I stay away from those?
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: S&M File and Wire Tested

Post by jerryd6818 »

I can't speak for all of them but all of mine (very small sampling of 3) have the following markings.

This web site has all of them ---► https://queencutleryhistory.com/index.p ... rn-knives/
Attachments
S&M 042 129 F&W Series 3 Edition 2 English Jack-F&W etch.JPG
F&W-crop.JPG
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
Dollie

Post by Dollie »

Thank you. That is what I thought also. Geez, you gotta be so careful these days!!
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Grandma Sarah would give a little giggle and then say "Ain't that the truth".
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I have purchased a number of File and Wire Tested knives from David Clark, a distinguished member and store owner here on AAPK, over a span of a few years. All the knives and boxes are perfect matches with perfect numbers and obviously absolutely authentic. Most of the larger knives have F&W etches but many of the smaller ones do not. Do not be too quick to dismiss authenticity regarding these items. We would like to see everything set in stone and perfect formulaic consistency but that is rarely the case in any arena of life. So, make your own decision. By the way, I have four beauty Schatts that I intend to sell. But, re this thread, I can't guarantee their authenticity, although I am absolutely convinced of same.
Dollie

Post by Dollie »

Thank you for that information. Interesting to know that some of the smaller knives may not have the etching. I look forward to seeing what knives you will be putting up for sale.

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”