New Article on #25 Jet Switchblade Knife

The Queen Cutlery Company manufactured knives in Titusville Pennsylvania for 96 years. The company opened its only factory there in 1919 and commenced to make some of the best US crafted cutlery you will find. Unfortunately, the Titusville manufacturing plant closed down in 2018.
DanQueencutlerycom

New Article on #25 Jet Switchblade Knife

Post by DanQueencutlerycom »

Brian Guth, Fred Fisher, and myself, have added a very nice, detailed article on the #25 JET SWITCHBLADE on our site. We cover the basic description of the Jet, tang stamps, modifications of the pattern, parts knives, and Custom versions. Check: https://secureservercdn.net/198.71.233. ... 9-2022.pdf

We also include a previously undocumented tang stamp used only on the Jet, we think. Appreciate any comments
jet 3 tangs.jpg
Attachments
7 customized jets.jpg
Dan Lago for
<QueenCutleryguide.com>
robpa

Re: New Article on #25 Jet Switchblade Knife

Post by robpa »

good stuff. Always looking for more queen info.

Which autos were buried and covered with concrete? A guy in Titusville has tons of that stuff in his dump from cleanup after the auction.
QTCut5
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by QTCut5 »

Love reading and learning about Queen Cutlery history! Thanks for posting. ::tu::
We are all just prisoners here of our own device.
In the master's chamber they gather for the feast.
They stab it with their steely knives but they just can't kill the beast.
(Eagles: Hotel California)

~Q~
DanQueencutlerycom

Post by DanQueencutlerycom »

Glad you enjoyed. There were only two types of Jet - without and with safety- and my understanding is parts from both versions were buried if they hadn't been sold. If a knife was completed, I bet it certainly found a buyer. I have a number of friends and collectors who actually earned money emptying the factory and many more who were heavy dumpster divers, limited only by what you could carry away. Who knows what will eventually surface. Because the much newer Express in both John Henry and Mountain Man version were being fine tuned, there were a lot of those knives and parts sold in the auction. It was a very sad time as far as I am concerned.
Dan Lago for
<QueenCutleryguide.com>

Return to “Queen Cutlery Collector's Forum”