Show Us Your Camillus Knives!

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
GA1dad

Re: Show Us Your Camillus Knives!

Post by GA1dad »

Picked this one up recently
20211218_164522.jpg
[b] A Harley can get you through times of no money, better than money can get you through times of no Harley!!! [/b]
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

GA1dad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:23 am Picked.....
Please post it here also:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=27212
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
damigg

Post by damigg »

Hey!

I happened to found this from old collectors (who had passed away) collection which his/her family was selling through a local knifestore. So I looked what there was to get and straight away my eyes saw this beautiful knife, I went to it and then the vendor of the store (I'm very regular customer there) came and kinda whispered that i must take that one, that it's best there is today available. It cost 60 euro so 68 USD. I thought it's worth maybe double of that, the prices were cheap on all knives.

Then at home I looked into it and found out it was Camillus Becker BK77 Extreme made only from 2005-2007 and I believe is very rare. (correct me if im wrong thanks) and it if anyone has better information why it's so rare if it is.

BK77 Extreme is not really a pocket knife which I mostly collect, but it was a lucky find and my first fixed knife which pulled me to collect now both fixed and folding/pocket knives... Yay more addicting things to spent money on haha.

It looks pretty much unused, maybe tested and some use, im not sure if the point has broken a bit ? Hard to find much about it from the google, some old official Camillus-site where they sell it for 400 USD. But I think this one is a keeper and if its worth something just a bonus, not for sale ! haha.

Very great knife, the balance when you hold it even though it's a big blade full tang, just beautiful work from Camillus.
Attachments
camillus1.jpg
IMG_20220112_00293511111.jpg
IMG_20220112_0040071111.jpg
IMG_20220112_00360911111.jpg
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

damigg wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:54 pm I happened to found this from old collectors (who had passed away) collection which his/her family was selling through a local knifestore.
Then at home I looked into it and found out it was Camillus Becker BK77 Extreme made only from 2005-2007 and I believe is very rare. (correct me if im wrong thanks) and it if anyone has better information why it's so rare if it is.
Very great knife, the balance when you hold it even though it's a big blade full tang, just beautiful work from Camillus.
Wow! ::oh_my:: Very nice!! I collect Becker (BKT) knives and I have not seen one like this in real life before, a very interesting find indeed. ::nod::
I have about 20-25 various Becker (BKT) knives and I am always looking for my next one... ::paranoid:: Thanks for the pictures!
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

They say, “Hard work never hurt anyone”, but I'm still not willing to risk it.
damigg

Post by damigg »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:55 am
damigg wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:54 pm I happened to found this from old collectors (who had passed away) collection which his/her family was selling through a local knifestore.
Wow! ::oh_my:: Very nice!! I collect Becker (BKT) knives and I have not seen one like this in real life before, a very interesting find indeed. ::nod::
I have about 20-25 various Becker (BKT) knives and I am always looking for my next one... ::paranoid:: Thanks for the pictures!
The images would be even greater but I have to compress them from 8mb to like 500kbs to post so it takes a lot out of it. I didn't even know what it was really before I got home after buying it, I can imagine the reaction if someone focused on Beckers would have found it :D Added the( old ) photo so you see how huge it is. maybe double that amount of knives now. And I dont really keep my blades like that :D In boxes when not taking photos.
Attachments
vanha (5).jpg
Nev52

Post by Nev52 »

Just put this Jack knife together. Took 2 knives and made 1. Not a show piece but a good user.
Nev
camillus jack.jpg
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This pocket knife arrived very recently in a large group of pocket knives that I bought. I did NOT purchase the group to obtain this particular pocket knife. However, I was quite surprised and pleased that it was in the group. It is a CAMILLUS U.S.A., SILVER SWORD, pattern 822, two blades, two tang stamps, 2 9/16" closed, wooden handles, pocket knife. The main blade tang stamp reads "SILVER SWORD" and has the crossed swords logo. The other tang stamp, on the other side of the main blade, reads "CAMILLUS - 822 - U.S.A." I believe the handles to be ORIGINAL for this knife and are NOT replacements. It is in EXCELLENT condition and it did NOT require any cleaning at all. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
Main Blade Back Tang Stamp.

Skip
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

damigg wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 6:01 am
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:55 am
damigg wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:54 pm
The images would be even greater but I have to compress them from 8mb to like 500kbs to post so it takes a lot out of it. I didn't even know what it was really before I got home after buying it, I can imagine the reaction if someone focused on Beckers would have found it :D Added the( old ) photo so you see how huge it is. maybe double that amount of knives now. And I dont really keep my blades like that :D In boxes when not taking photos.
Very nice grouping! I like the looks of that railroad spike knife in the background ::nod:: I once found a Becker/ BK&T BK7 Combat Utility - 7.0" 1095 Cro-Van Blade (no sheath) in a 5 gallon bucket with some other cheapo knives at a yard sale. I think I bought the entire bucket for $15 or so. Well the bucket had some water in it at one time. So, a little clean up was needed but that was my best Becker/ BK&T find and deal. That being said, I think you got the better deal in the end :wink:
Please visit my AAPK store: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... er_id=2383

damigg

Post by damigg »

Yeah we started visiting flea markets with my friend way more after that BK77 find. It's fun to search them and even cooler when you find something, which ever you're looking for. Old stuff or expensive onesl :D
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 pm I once found a Becker/ BK&T BK7 Combat Utility
I probably already posted a photo of my Camillus BK7, but I don’t remember in which topic... I remember that it didn’t fit in my light box :)
Attachments
bk7.jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today, this pocket knife arrived and joined my CAMILLUS collection. It's a CAMILLUS 72, 1st generation, 3 blade, swelled center, 3 5/8" closed, two tang stamps (a short line maker tang stamp & a pattern # tang stamp), "whittler" pocket knife.
I gave it a VERY minor cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Happy for you with that one Skip. A very sweet knife.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

Vit_213 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:04 pm
GSPTOPDOG wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:16 pm I once found a Becker/ BK&T BK7 Combat Utility
I probably already posted a photo of my Camillus BK7, but I don’t remember in which topic... I remember that it didn’t fit in my light box :)
Those Becker’s are a great piece .
Nice example there Vit ::tu:: ::tu::
JP
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

doglegg wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:59 am Happy.....
Thank you, Floyd. 🍻

Skip
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Ripster »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 am Today, this pocket knife arrived and joined my CAMILLUS collection. It's a CAMILLUS 72, 1st generation, 3 blade, swelled center, 3 5/8" closed, two tang stamps (a short line maker tang stamp & a pattern # tang stamp), "whittler" pocket knife.
Another 1 st gen for your stash . ::tu::
That bone doesn’t look to pocket worn , very nice 72 short line ::nod::
Was watching that one, you did good catching it!
JP
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Ripster wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:29 pm Another.....
Thank you, JP. 🍻

Skip
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 am Today, this pocket knife arrived and joined my CAMILLUS collection. It's a CAMILLUS 72, 1st generation, 3 blade, swelled center, 3 5/8" closed, two tang stamps (a short line maker tang stamp & a pattern # tang stamp), "whittler" pocket knife.
Beautiful knife Skip!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Papa Bones wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:27 pm Beautiful.....
Thank you, Smitty. 🍻

Skip
Plindboe

Post by Plindboe »

Finally received this today from an auction last month. Super excited to have it, but I’m having trouble finding any information on it, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I started collecting Camillus recently, as I lived there until my teenage years when my parents decided to move to Florida in ‘77. I will say having lived a stones throw from the cutlery and having easy access to the barrels where they disposed of rejects, us kids were NEVER without a knife and I’ve lost more than I’ll ever be able to collect.
Attachments
C23A0026-EFA7-4144-87A3-F63679161563.jpeg
0D4B74D8-4EC6-4D6B-A682-E5C73491135D.jpeg
B50EAEDB-2F7D-450D-BDCC-F61B986635DD.jpeg
CFA700A1-406C-4F59-A2B7-331C6BFEA049.jpeg
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

Plindboe wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:48 am Super excited to have it, but I’m having trouble finding any information on it, so if anyone can help I would appreciate it.
http://www.camillusknives.ru/camillus/w ... b_en.shtml
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Sweet.
GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Vit_213 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:04 pm
I think it is a great outdoors/survival "combat" (for inevitable end-of-world zombie apocalypse scenario) knife especially for the price retail or otherwise) ::nod:: .

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 am Today, this pocket knife arrived and joined my CAMILLUS collection. It's a CAMILLUS 72,
Well Skip That is nice! ::tu:: Agreed, a very sweet knife. ::nod:: I am big "Short-Line" fan and you got a good one ::tounge::

GSPTOPDOG
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by GSPTOPDOG »

Papa Bones wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:27 pm
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:00 am It's a CAMILLUS 72, 1st generation, 3 blade, swelled center, 3 5/8" closed, two tang stamps (a short line maker tang stamp & a pattern # tang stamp), "whittler" pocket knife.
Beautiful knife Skip!!
Would this be considered a "72"? Was it made by CAMILLUS? Sure looks like a 72 to the uninformed... such as myself ::shrug::
Attachments
DSCF3185.JPG
DSCF3186.JPG
DSCF3184.JPG

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”