camillus #72

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: camillus #72

Post by carrmillus »

.......I have that one's twin brother!!!........great old knife!!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .................
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

carrmillus I would love to see your knives. I bet you have a great collection. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

carrmillus wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:16 pm .......I have that one's twin brother!!!........great old knife!!!!............ ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .................
Thank you Tommy. ::handshake::
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

doglegg wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:07 pm carrmillus I would love to see your knives. I bet you have a great collection. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::nod::
....I was a T- square, triangle, lead pencil draftsman all my life until these computers came along!!!.....I honestly believe I would be at the funny-farm right now if I had been looking at one of these computers all this time!!!.... ::facepalm:: ......also miss my old argus camera!!!............ ::shrug:: ..........
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Picked this one up about an hour ago at the antique store. Jerry says first generation made by Camillus for Sears. Just Made in USA on tang. Thanks for looking! :)
Attachments
20200212_162130.jpg
20200212_162114.jpg
20200212_153852.jpg
20200212_153901.jpg
20200212_153828.jpg
20200212_153758.jpg
20200212_153811.jpg
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Nice score WW!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Doc B wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:29 pm Nice score WW!!! ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you Doc. Seen it a week ago but let it slide. Just couldn't pass it up this week. Been thinking about it all week. I was sure it wouldn't be there but there it was. Got lucky I reckon. Thanks for the kind words. ::handshake:: :)
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

woodwalker wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm Picked this one up about an hour ago at the antique store. Jerry says first generation made by Camillus for Sears. Just Made in USA on tang. Thanks for looking! :)
Nice looking knife Kevin. ::tu:: I would consider it a Camillus 72 variation rather than an actual Camillus 72.

Skip
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

Got a rare one there Woodwalker. Don't see those around much. Great score. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:38 pm
woodwalker wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm Picked this one up about an hour ago at the antique store. Jerry says first generation made by Camillus for Sears. Just Made in USA on tang. Thanks for looking! :)
Nice looking knife Kevin. ::tu:: I would consider it a Camillus 72 variation rather than an actual Camillus 72.
Thanks for the info Skip. I have admired all you 72's and clones and was hoping I could find one like yours I could carry. I have two short line 72's with Roger's bone but just will not EDC them for fear I will mess them up. I have been wanting one I could EDC and I think this will be the one. Thank you for showing all your fine Camillus knives here. It sure has been a pleasure to view and thank you for your knowledge that you freely share. Have a great night. ::handshake:: :)
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

doglegg wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:39 pm Got a rare one there Woodwalker. Don't see those around much. Great score. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu::
Thank you Doglegg! Sure was happy to find it and be able to pick it up. Appreciate ya!! :) ::handshake::
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

woodwalker wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:19 am
Thanks for the info Skip. I have admired all you 72's and clones and was hoping I could find one like yours I could carry. I have two short line 72's with Roger's bone but just will not EDC them for fear I will mess them up. I have been wanting one I could EDC and I think this will be the one. Thank you for showing all your fine Camillus knives here. It sure has been a pleasure to view and thank you for your knowledge that you freely share. Have a great night. ::handshake:: :)
Thanks Kevin. Now I have to find a 72 variation like yours. ::tu:: ::dang:: :D The hunt is 99% of the fun, at least to me. This might be a streeetch, but if your knife was indeed made by Camillus, for Sears, then does that make it a Craftsman? And if it is a Craftsman, then it is a pattern 9494. I'm 99.99% sure that my Craftsman 9494 knives were all Schrade made. Kevin, PLEASE post your knife here also:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=62956

Skip
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:24 am
woodwalker wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:19 am

Thanks Kevin. Now I have to find a 72 variation like yours. ::tu:: ::dang:: :D The hunt is 99% of the fun, at least to me. This might be a streeetch, but if your knife was indeed made by Camillus, for Sears, then does that make it a Craftsman? And if it is a Craftsman, then it is a pattern 9494. I'm 99.99% sure that my Craftsman 9494 knives were all Schrade made. Kevin, PLEASE post your knife here also:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=62956
I posted it in that link Skip. I don't know much about it but am eager to learn. Let me know if you find out any more. Thank you Skip.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

woodwalker wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:33 am I posted it in that link Skip. I don't know much about it but am eager to learn. Let me know if you find out any more. Thank you Skip.
Thank you Kevin. I will continue the discussion there. ::tu::

Skip
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Dad picked this one up for me at a gun show yesterday for $5. It’s well used and worn but I like it anyway.
4D3312D7-8FF7-4207-8097-38D4E35F0C14.jpeg
76761876-9D37-4A0A-86BD-1D3A7200EC56.jpeg
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Colonel26 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:37 pm Dad picked this one up for me at a gun show yesterday for $5. It’s well used and worn but I like it anyway.
VERY nice 72. ::tu:: I really like those handles.

Skip
DM11
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by DM11 »

Good score Colonel. ::tu:: Those old ones are still sweet even if rode hard and put away wet. I got some of those well loved ones and I like'um just the same. :)
David
woodwalker

Post by woodwalker »

Very nice 72! Enjoy!
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

I've already commented once on this knife but you are wrong in the description. It is not used and worn.... It's just broke in. Congrats on such a sweet knife. ::handshake::
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

doglegg wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:23 am I've already commented once on this knife but you are wrong in the description. It is not used and worn.... It's just broke in. Congrats on such a sweet knife. ::handshake::
Thanks guys. I agree. A knife doesn’t get sharp until it’s well , lol.

I have two others in better shape, but I’m always on the lookout for these. I don’t know how dad does it, but he can scoop out deals way better than I can.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
TPK

Post by TPK »

Nice knife Colonel! ::tu:: :D He got a great deal! Congrats! :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

TPK wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:55 pm Nice knife Colonel! ::tu:: :D He got a great deal! Congrats! :D
Thank you!
Robert E. Lee
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today, I bought this Camillus 72, 3 blade (DUCKS etched on the main blade), swelled center, black bone handles, "whittler" pocket knife. I now have two thirds of the Camillus 72, "black bone handles" trio. It appears to be in excellent condition and won't need any cleaning at all. When I receive it, pictures will be taken and posted in the appropriate location(s).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.32 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.13 KiB) Viewed 2394 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (29.77 KiB) Viewed 2394 times

Skip
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by gsmith7158 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 pm Today, I bought this Camillus 72, 3 blade (DUCKS etched on the main blade), swelled center, black bone handles, "whittler" pocket knife. I now have two thirds of the Camillus 72, "black bone handles" trio. It appears to be in excellent condition and won't need any cleaning at all. When I receive it, pictures will be taken and posted in the appropriate location(s).
Skip that's one of my favorites. Take a close look at the etch. It's a real work of art. Great pickup!
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

gsmith7158 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:48 pm
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:08 pm Today, I bought this Camillus 72, 3 blade (DUCKS etched on the main blade), swelled center, black bone handles, "whittler" pocket knife. I now have two thirds of the Camillus 72, "black bone handles" trio. It appears to be in excellent condition and won't need any cleaning at all. When I receive it, pictures will be taken and posted in the appropriate location(s).
Skip that's one of my favorites. Take a close look at the etch. It's a real work of art. Great pickup!
Thank you Greg. ::handshake:: I can't wait for this one to arrive! ::tu::

Skip

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”