Camillus Streamline

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Ripster
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Camillus Streamline

Post by Ripster »

1967redrider wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 am Just picked up my first Streamline. I was happy to find one without the usual outgassing celluloid issues like I've seen with some on the Bay. Swedged spear stamped on both sides, Sword Brand and a 4 line Camillus, looks like 3 5/16" to me.

Supported the AAPK stores too.
That’s a dandy you have there .
Good choice staying away from the cell handles,unless you plan to rehandle. The Streamline / Sword Brand w/ 4 line stamps is a great find .
Not seeing as many good ones on the bay like you said. It’s too bad people don’t know about the gassing ,many of them get ruined.
Thanks for posting that over here John ,nice Knife ::tu::
JP
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

A very sweet Stream Line. Great pick up. ::nod:: ::tu::
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Thanks, fellas! ::handshake::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have a box full of Streamline parts knives. I need to put some together.
That is the first blade I have seen stamped Streamline that was not a clip blade.
Is there a model number on that blade?
It's also the first one I've ever seen in an equal end or cigar frame. The ones I have are all Serpentine patterns.

If you get a chance to take some pictures with a little better lighting come I would love to see some more details of that knife because I've never seen one like it I live probably have own/owned 24 to 30 Streamline Jack's.

There is something about that deeply stamp blade that is appealing to me. Thanks for posting it.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

orvet wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:49 am I have a box full of Streamline parts knives. I need to put some together.
That is the first blade I have seen stamped Streamline that was not a clip blade.
Is there a model number on that blade?
It's also the first one I've ever seen in an equal end or cigar frame. The ones I have are all Serpentine patterns.

If you get a chance to take some pictures with a little better lighting come I would love to see some more details of that knife because I've never seen one like it I live probably have own/owned 24 to 30 Streamline Jack's.

There is something about that deeply stamp blade that is appealing to me. Thanks for posting it.

The blades have been buffed, Dale. I don't see a pattern number, not sure if there was one or not. Not much blade loss, maybe 1/16" max. Hope these other pictures are good. I should note, half stops on both blades.
Attachments
IMG_20210415_212321216.jpg
IMG_20210415_212603166.jpg
IMG_20210415_212526252.jpg
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”