Question about 69's

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Rotten

Question about 69's

Post by Rotten »

So Colonel26 just posted a gorgeous 69 short line with Rogers bone and a federal shield in the General Knife Discussion -Knife Finds Of The Day thread and it got me to wondering.

Were any of the long line 69's made with bone and the federal shield? I'm on the lookout for a nice long line 69 to add to my collection and am just wondering if there are any like the Colonels from the long line era.

I do have what I think is an unusual short line 69 with brass liners and a long oval shield that I need to post sometime which is what got me started looking for a nice 69.
Trace
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Question about 69's

Post by Colonel26 »

Rotten wrote:So Colonel26 just posted a gorgeous 69 short line with Rogers bone and a federal shield in the General Knife Discussion -Knife Finds Of The Day thread and it got me to wondering.

Were any of the long line 69's made with bone and the federal shield? I'm on the lookout for a nice long line 69 to add to my collection and am just wondering if there are any like the Colonels from the long line era.

I do have what I think is an unusual short line 69 with brass liners and a long oval shield that I need to post sometime which is what got me started looking for a nice 69.

Ask and he shall receive.
72512543-9E1C-4031-9F8A-EC3D87FF5CFE.jpeg
31625C99-23D1-4A3A-B8F3-774C85DB7FAA.jpeg
You have a bone shortline 69 with an oval shield? I’d love to see it.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Colonel26 wrote: Ask and he shall receive.

You have a bone shortline 69 with an oval shield? I’d love to see it.
Thanks for the reply and here ya go.

This is the only early 69 I have. I'm certain it is bone but it is so pocket worn that there is no trace of milled/coined liners except in the blade well. The shield is pinned all the way through the liner and overall the knife doesn't look like anyone has ever worked on it.

Are the brass liners unusual? My impression from looking over the catalogs was that all the early ones had nickel silver liners.
Trace
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Looks right to me. Mine are brass as well.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

..can't get to mine right now, but I will open up my display and look if I get a chance, I think mine is short line/brass liners!!..... ::tu:: ...........

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”