8 knife Camillus group for sale

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
Rotten

8 knife Camillus group for sale

Post by Rotten »

First things first, this is not my for sale listing. As I don't have the funds to pick these up I am hoping someone here will and add them to a nice collection.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/687600561/ ... ck=1&frs=1
Trace
Modern Slip Joints

Re: 8 knife Camillus group for sale

Post by Modern Slip Joints »

What is etsy.com? I do not follow links to unknown or unfamiliar sites. I've had too much computer damage from viruses in the past.
Rotten

Post by Rotten »

Modern Slip Joints wrote:What is etsy.com? I do not follow links to unknown or unfamiliar sites. I've had too much computer damage from viruses in the past.
I'm not sure how to describe it except maybe an ebay alternative with fixed prices. Lots of handmade and custom items available along with things like knives. It's been around for over a decade, I have made several purchases over the years with no issues. I do understand your hesitation though.

Just to reiterate these are not my knives.
Trace
royal0014
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by royal0014 »

Here 'ya go .....
Camillus Indian Stag.jpg
Beautiful set of Indian Stag, but $350 seems a bit steep
::shrug:: [/color]
Chris
i woke last night to the sound of thunder
how far off i sat and wondered
started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
aint it funny how the night moves
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Beautiful knives. The average price on them at $350 is $43.85. The folding Hunter will bring more than that, the 89 will bring more than that, the 78 will be close. The rest I have no idea as to the value. So I think it may be a tad high too, but maybe close enough to dicker if that happens on Etsy, I have no idea.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Are they stag, bone stag or Stagalon? ::shrug::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
Gunsil

Post by Gunsil »

Seller says "Indian stag", but that sure looks like plastic to me. Seller also says 1970s, look newer to me.
Vit_213

Post by Vit_213 »

"Indian stag" - yes
1970s - yes
Attachments
1976-catalog-s_23.jpg
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

Gunsil wrote:Seller says "Indian stag", but that sure looks like plastic to me. Seller also says 1970s, look newer to me.
1967redrider wrote:Are they stag, bone stag or Stagalon? ::shrug::
Indian stag was Camillus’s name for that particular pattern of Delrin. To me, just my opinion, it seems tougher, leas prone to pin cracking, and feels better in the hand that most other Delrin knives I’ve had.
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

FYI

The person on etsy described the handle material as "plastic"

Bob
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

Colonel26 wrote:
Gunsil wrote:Seller says "Indian stag", but that sure looks like plastic to me. Seller also says 1970s, look newer to me.
1967redrider wrote:Are they stag, bone stag or Stagalon? ::shrug::
Indian stag was Camillus’s name for that particular pattern of Delrin. To me, just my opinion, it seems tougher, leas prone to pin cracking, and feels better in the hand that most other Delrin knives I’ve had.
Thanks! ::tu::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”