Help with Dating this Camillus Jack PLEASE!! Thank you guys

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
ratlesnake75

Help with Dating this Camillus Jack PLEASE!! Thank you guys

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, Just need a little help with approximate dating of this Sword Brand Camillus Jack. I seen a couple posted but dont quite understand if its Pre War or post war because it has the "Prong" style handle apparatus.
Thank you for your expertise.
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
70944114_386381635380505_7880368701499768832_n.jpg
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Help with Dating this Camillus Jack PLEASE!! Thank you guys

Post by gsmith7158 »

Mark, I believe the general consensus on these with that type of composition handles and 4 line stamp on the master is 1941-46. Of course with anything Camillus that's just an educated supposition. :D
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Thank You Kind Sir & that is what I thought too from what I read. I was just needing to DOUBLE CHECK!!! You know how are memories get, lol
Thx Bro
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

.........I can tell you anything about memory!!.........if I could only REMEMBER!!!.............. ::doh:: ...........................
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

::ds:: ::ds:: ::dang::
Haahhaha
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

yuk001.jpg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Wait for it.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

yuk002.jpg
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

::ds:: ::ds:: ::dang::
HAHAHA
Hilarious guys, LOVE IT!!!!
Mark
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

I have a number of those knives with that celluloid stag. It seems to be fairly stable. I know the prong method of handle attachment was used well before World War II. The Streamline knives made by Camillus also had prong attachments for their handles they also had the Sword Brand logo on the mark side tang and the 4-line Camillus stamp on the pile side tang.
If I remember correctly what Tom Williams told me, they were made around 1932 to 1935.

Your knife could have been made in the early part of the war, there's no real way to tell but we do know that was very little production of Civilian knives once the war started.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

orvet wrote:I have a number of those knives with that celluloid stag. It seems to be fairly stable. I know the prong method of handle attachment was used well before World War II. The Streamline knives made by Camillus also had prong attachments for their handles they also had the Sword Brand logo on the mark side tang and the 4-line Camillus stamp on the pile side tang.
If I remember correctly what Tom Williams told me, they were made around 1932 to 1935.

Your knife could have been made in the early part of the war, there's no real way to tell but we do know that was very little production of Civilian knives once the war started.
Dale you make some very valid points on this knife Sir. I do appreciate you commenting also.
I was thinking WW2 era myself until I noticed the brass liners & brass center pin, not to say that brass wasnt in use during the war on our beloved knives but "MOST" of the time its not. Which again is why I specifically posted this particular example because the STAMPING doesnt coincide with our "Tang Stamp Chart" for Camillus right now. It is certainly a good "Study" Knife huh.
Kindest Regards,
Mark

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”