SWORD BRAND!!! Old Vintage Stampings

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
ratlesnake75

SWORD BRAND!!! Old Vintage Stampings

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Guys, This NEW THREAD is Dedicated to SWORD BRAND Stamps only!!!

I believe there will be SEVERAL different variations to come along for us to compare & ENJOY. Please post'em if you got them & then we ALL can start Comparing & Sorting the KNOWN Vintage Sword Brand Stamps Vs Ones that will look similar but vary in some details.

I do "Think" we will find not all "Sword Brand" STAMPS are the same. I am Hopeful we MIGHT be able to designate some Stamps CLOSER to the actual years that this WONDERFUL Stamping was used from or varied from, lol.

Here is the Stamping I will start off with today.
Have FUN BOYS!!!
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
70944114_386381635380505_7880368701499768832_n.jpg
3.jpg
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SWORD BRAND!!! Old Vintage Stampings

Post by gsmith7158 »

Here's one I have that bears a striking resemblance to the modern day 72 pattern but doesn't have the match strike pull.
Attachments
IMG_5549 (2).JPG
IMG_5553 (2).JPG
IMG_5554 (2).JPG
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

This is EXACTLY what I am talking about Boys,,,,Awesome knife too!!!.
Thank you for posting it Sir
Kindest Regards,
Mark
I Buy/Sell/Trade All Vintage Antique Pocket knives from Junkers to Mint. I am Easy going, so Please shoot me a message ANYTIME!!! l Live & Breath KNIVES Everyday.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Here is a Scout Knife pattern w/ the Sword Brand
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
71145451_498187537629228_29722028386811904_n.jpg
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Guys, I am going to put BOTH my knives together so WE Can study them. Obviously we know there were different stamping dies for different sized knife patterns. I do get that.
I enjoy this aspect of knives & their variation stampings. I hope this is not boring
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
70944114_386381635380505_7880368701499768832_n.jpg
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

gsmith7158 wrote:Here's one I have that bears a striking resemblance to the modern day 72 pattern but doesn't have the match strike pull.
Now we are comparing apples to apples. You have a 4-line stamping on back of the Sword brand like I do, Just in a different pattern but relatively the same size.
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
IMG_5553 (2).JPG
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Mr. Dale was kind enough to find this Sword Brand stamp on a Camp knife from ebay. I will fix the pictures next to my Scout knife
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
Camillus Camp Knife from ebay.jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
bladebuddy

Post by bladebuddy »

Hey Mark thanks for starting this thread. My only Sword Brand knife is this two blade jack. Master blade has a lot going for it with the long pull, Sabre grind, swedge cut , four line Camillus stamping on the pile side tang along with the sword brand tang stamp on the mark side. And I almost forgot “STREAMLINE” stamping on the front as well. Steve B.

New Windsor the shield with crossed swords on your third knife is really nice.
Attachments
8265D0FC-C90D-4814-9B88-3BFCC1E66724.jpeg
4FDEE13B-5C1A-457B-9F1A-B3DF903E0CCE.jpeg
Steve B.
Keep your edge sharp, otherwise you just can't cut it.

Looking for Carrier Cutlery and early Robeson with Elmira tang stamps.
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Steve, Thanks for posting that BeaUtifuLL Streamline
Kindest Regards,
Mark
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Here is one I just found online to HELP ALL of US!!!
Sweet & Rare Sword Brand Stamp on a TIMBER Scribe
After we get a bunch of similar ones,,,,We will then combine the pictures for an easier read of the knives, OK Boys,,,lol. Is this FUN or what!!!
Kindest Regards,
Mark
Attachments
s-l1600 (24).jpg
s-l1600 (23).jpg
s-l1600 (25).jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

Camillus 42 Silver Sword (Sword Brand).
_RAF1405.JPG
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

Sword Brand and Silver Sword are two different brands of knives produced by Camillus. Sword Brand predates Silver Sword by a good 75 years.

The following information comes from interviews with Tom Williams, who was the official Camillus historian and worked for Camillus for 30 years. -

-The Camillus brand was first used in 1902
-Sword Brand was first used in 1906.
-Sword Brand was always the top of the line, the best quality knives produced by Camillus.
- Prior to World War II Sword Brand was stamped on the tang of Sword Brand knives. After World War II it was usually etched on the blade instead of stamped on the tang.

Silver Sword was it brand that Camillus introduced circa 1979. They are not the same brand. From a general observation I believe most of the Silver Sword Knives have been stainless steel, but that is a generalization based on my recollection of Silver Sword knives I own, or have seen. I have not had time to research and verify that they were predominantly stainless steel.

I hope this makes it a little clearer.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

ratlesnake75 wrote:Here is one I just found online to HELP ALL of US!!!
Sweet & Rare Sword Brand Stamp on a TIMBER Scribe
After we get a bunch of similar ones,,,,We will then combine the pictures for an easier read of the knives, OK Boys,,,lol. Is this FUN or what!!!
Kindest Regards,
Mark
...mark, I have this one's brother!!, one of the first knives I bought years ago!!, also have an old cotton sampler and hawkbill from the same era!!!.... ::tu:: ::tu:: ::tu:: .............
ratlesnake75

Post by ratlesnake75 »

Hey Carrmillus, Aww Sweet too Cool Brother!!

Why dont you post your knives on the other thread I made if you still have them. I was kinda stupid yesterday & made an additional thread for Sword Brand Information. I am not the brightest guy in the room, lol. ::ds::

Here is the link my man. Dale & I will be posting in the other thread a lot when it comes to Sword brand info. I asked him to delete this particular thread but its all good & everyone will figure it out, or not ::dang:: ::dang::
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... 63&t=63828
Kindest Regards,
Mark
carrmillus
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by carrmillus »

ratlesnake75 wrote:Hey Carrmillus, Aww Sweet too Cool Brother!!

Why dont you post your knives on the other thread I made if you still have them. I was kinda stupid yesterday & made an additional thread for Sword Brand Information. I am not the brightest guy in the room, lol. ::ds::

Here is the link my man. Dale & I will be posting in the other thread a lot when it comes to Sword brand info. I asked him to delete this particular thread but its all good & everyone will figure it out, or not ::dang:: ::dang::
https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/kn ... 63&t=63828
Kindest Regards,
Mark
..mark, computers are the reason I'm not working!!..I was a t- square and triangle and pencil draftsman for 40 years until they told me they were replacing the drawing boards with computers!!...that's when I quit and started repairing and refinishing furniture- if I had to stare at one of these all day, I'd be in the funny farm today!!..all I can do on a computer is sit here and type with one finger!!..... ::facepalm:: ..............

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”