Sword Brand Jack, NOS or??

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
CamMan21

Sword Brand Jack, NOS or??

Post by CamMan21 »

Curious if anyone might happen to know anything about this little knife. I will say...I really like it.

I've checked the available catalogs, but unless I'm missing something, I don't know the pattern or have any guesses as to when it was made.

Measures 3". Strong springs, half stops on both blades. Only thing I don't care for is the sharpening job as it arrived with a huge wire edge.

Is this post-bankruptcy...meaning auction parts knife? I'm sure the regular Camillus-scroungers here have seen these for sale and can surmise where I got it, so I'll leave that out!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/1060/wtjM9W.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/1239/bKQrMn.jpg
Vit_213

Re: Sword Brand Jack, NOS or??

Post by Vit_213 »

CamMan21 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:07 pm Is this post-bankruptcy...meaning auction parts knife?
Likely yes.
In 1996 Camillus made a strange attempt to revive the Sword Brand trademark. These were cheap advertising knives SB100, SB200 and SB300.
SB300
SB300
I think you can see where the blade of your knife came from :wink: .
CamMan21

Post by CamMan21 »

Very interesting, Vit. I recall seeing those knives now that you post that!
Mr. Chips

Post by Mr. Chips »

Those are great knives.
I sold dozens of them to my whittlin' students.
I still have two in my loaner roll.
I was selling them for 12.00 and that was a great deal for a really good knife.

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”