Camillus Electrician knife

The Camillus Cutlery Company was one of the oldest knife manufacturers in the United States with roots dating back to 1876. The company manufactured Camillus branded knives and was a prolific contractor for other knife brands up until its last days in 2007 when the company filed for bankruptcy.
rea1eye

Camillus Electrician knife

Post by rea1eye »

Can anyone give me a more exact age of this knife? Internet search seems to say
it was possibly made in the 60"s or early 70's?

Also what can I do to make the handles a little more shiny? I am not trying to over-buff the
knife to make it look brand new, just to make it a little better.

Bob
camillus.2.jpg
camillus.jpg
camillus.jpg (39.79 KiB) Viewed 1116 times
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Re: Camillus Electrician knife

Post by Papa Bones »

Very nice looking Camillus No.27 Electricians Knife there. It's generally accepted that this tang stamp was used from 1960 to 1976. Although it can go a year or so a little later because Camillus used blades until they were exhausted in their builds. The black delrin handles that came on these were never really super shiny, even when new. They were more utilitarian. Althoough if you had a buffer I am sure it could be done. But I would just keep it clean.
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm I would just keep it clean.
Same here. I think it looks pretty dang good as it is.
USN 2000-2006
Adaptable and (usually) affable knife enthusiast, unsure of his knife collecting destination but enjoying the journey
Case taste, Rough Ryder budget
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Papa Bones wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 pm Very nice looking Camillus No.27 Electricians Knife there. It's generally accepted that this tang stamp was used from 1960 to 1976. Although it can go a year or so a little later because Camillus used blades until they were exhausted in their builds. The black delrin handles that came on these were never really super shiny, even when new. They were more utilitarian. Althoough if you had a buffer I am sure it could be done. But I would just keep it clean.
Thanks for your response Smitty. I wondered if they were originally shinny.

Bob

Return to “Camillus Cutlery Collector's Forum”