Lemon yellow sharpfingers

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Curdog1

Lemon yellow sharpfingers

Post by Curdog1 »

Anybody know how many were made?
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Lemon yellow sharpfingers

Post by orvet »

It sounds more like current production knives made in China, not something made in the Schrade factory in New York.
Do you have a link to where one was posted? I haven't seen a lemon yellow Sharpfinger unless it was a custom.
I have been all through the Schrade catalogs but do not recall seeing a lemon yellow Sharpfinger.
We are talking about Schrade so anything is possible, I have just not seen it if it is one of the American made ones.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
big monk

Post by big monk »

This may be what the OP is talking about ::hmm:: ________________from China*

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-Old-Ti ... ctupt=true
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
I'm not young enough,____to know everything !!!!!!!!!!!!

MONK****
Curdog1

Post by Curdog1 »

I think they were made in the early 90’s I believe. Not a new model china knife. I’ve not seen many but have seen a few. Only pic I have is from Facebook of a yellow and a orange in sheaths.
70907A9F-454B-48A8-8355-6089D180EED8.jpeg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

post #435 and #438 here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/sch ... t-18743054
might be of interest. I don't know about the yaller ones.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Curdog1 wrote:I think they were made in the early 90’s I believe. Not a new model china knife. I’ve not seen many but have seen a few. Only pic I have is from Facebook of a yellow and a orange in sheaths.
The packaging for mine is associated with 2003-2004 knives but it's misleading - there's a barcode sticker on it (which is covering up the original barcode) and the UPC is registered to Taylor Brands. I think in the early days Taylor packaged this in whatever box was laying around. I know that doesn't help answer when it was made. The popular theory seems to be in the 90s.
152OTY.jpg
- Jason
Curdog1

Post by Curdog1 »

I’m still interested in one of these in yellow and orange if anybody has either color they’d like to sell.
Curdog1

Post by Curdog1 »

I finally found one in orange. I’d love to buy a yellow one also If anybody has one they’d like to add to my collection.
Curdog1

Post by Curdog1 »

Still looking for a yellow one!!

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”