Imperial Mexico

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
jxr1197

Re: Imperial Mexico

Post by jxr1197 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:00 pm Yesterday afternoon, my trip to the post office produced this pocket knife. It now becomes the latest addition to this topic or thread and to my "South Of The Border" collection. This pocket knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story or connection. It is a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), two blades (one with a cap lifter or bottle opener), one tang stamp, 3 7/8" closed (not including the bail), two springs, pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says "PASTOR (over) ALEMAN with the profile of a German Shepherd's head. The main handle side has nothing on it. The other handle side has an image of a shark. The main blade has a VERY crisp half stop and a VERY wicked opening and closing snap. The secondary blade has a VERY weak half stop and no real opening or closing snap. This pocket knife required very little cleaning. Overall, this pocket knife is in GOOD condition. I took some pictures and here it is.
Caption(s), if any, are on the BOTTOM of the corresponding picture(s).
Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Un pastor alemán y un tiburón! Glad you got that one. I noticed a few popped up with a shark. I never saw one before.
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:21 am Un.....
Thank you, Jason. 🍻
Hay uno en eBay con una guitarra en el mango.
Pero, el vendedor está pidiendo mucho dinero.
Un poco más de trescientos dólares.
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:15 pm Un poco más de trescientos dólares.
¡Está loco! ::dang::
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Very recently, my trip to the post office produced this pocket knife. It now becomes my latest example to be posted under this topic or thread and to be added to my "South Of The Border" collection. This pocket knife brand is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story or connection. But this specific brand of pocket knife does NOT make an appearance too often. It is a PM Atlas, two blades (one blade has a cap lifter or bottle opener), one stamp, 3 7/8" closed (not including the bail), two springs, pocket knife. PM Atlas is stamped on the cap lifter or bottle opener part of the secondary blade. The main handle side has horses on it. The other handle side also has horses on it. This is my fourth PM Atlas pocket knife. My other three PM Atlas pocket knives have been previously posted under this topic or thread. The following information regarding PM Atlas was provided by Jason, a.k.a. jxr1197 in a previous post, under this topic or thread, made on Saturday, May 30, 2020. "PM Atlas (Productos Metalicos Atlas - or Atlas Metal Products) was a business in Monterrey MX that bought knives either from the Associated Spring version of Imperial Mexico or from Cuchilleria Monterrey, maybe both." The main blade has a crisp half stop and a VERY WICKED opening and closing snap. The secondary blade also has a crisp half stop and a VERY WICKED opening and closing snap. This pocket knife required NO cleaning at all. Overall, this pocket knife is in EXCELLENT condition. I took some pictures and here it is.

***** Here is the link to the GREAT article that Jason (jxr1197) wrote on the
Imperial and Mexico connection in the April 2020 issue of Knife Magazine. *****
http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... cianas.pdf
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Secondary Blade And Tool Stamp.
The Secondary Blade And Tool Stamp.

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

A few days ago, my trip to the post office produced this pocket knife. It now becomes my latest example to be posted under this topic or thread and to be added to my "South Of The Border" collection. This pocket knife brand is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story or connection. But this specific brand of pocket knife does NOT make an appearance too often. It is a DOS CIERVOS, two blades (one blade has a cap lifter or bottle opener), one tang stamp, 3 7/8" closed (not including the bail), two springs, pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says, "DOS CIERVOS (over) HECHO EN (over) MEXICO" The main handle side has an image of a deer's head. The other handle side also has the image of a deer's head. DOS CIERVOS translates into English as TWO DEER. HECHO EN MEXICO translates into English as MADE IN MEXICO. This is my first DOS CIERVOS pocket knife. The main blade has an ok half stop and an ok opening and closing snap. The secondary blade has a good half stop and a good opening and closing snap. This pocket knife did need cleaning and it did clean up nice. Overall, this pocket knife is in VERY GOOD condition. I took some pictures and here it is.

Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.
The Main Blade Front Tang Stamp.

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

ACCEPT NO IMITATIONS
tube.jpg
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:03 am ACCEPT.....
Sorry Jason, I don't know how I missed this.
But..... ::tu:: ::tu::

Skip
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:00 pm A few days ago, my trip to the post office produced this pocket knife. It now becomes my latest example to be posted under this topic or thread and to be added to my "South Of The Border" collection. This pocket knife brand is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story or connection. But this specific brand of pocket knife does NOT make an appearance too often. It is a DOS CIERVOS, two blades (one blade has a cap lifter or bottle opener), one tang stamp, 3 7/8" closed (not including the bail), two springs, pocket knife. The main blade front tang stamp says, "DOS CIERVOS (over) HECHO EN (over) MEXICO" The main handle side has an image of a deer's head. The other handle side also has the image of a deer's head. DOS CIERVOS translates into English as TWO DEER. HECHO EN MEXICO translates into English as MADE IN MEXICO. This is my first DOS CIERVOS pocket knife. The main blade has an ok half stop and an ok opening and closing snap. The secondary blade has a good half stop and a good opening and closing snap. This pocket knife did need cleaning and it did clean up nice. Overall, this pocket knife is in VERY GOOD condition. I took some pictures and here it is.

Just catching up, That is a nice one skip!! Some excellent posts!!
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Papa Bones wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:06 pm Just.....
Thank you, Smitty.🍻

Skip
bdingwall

Post by bdingwall »

Found this at an antique shop today on the border. Says “Dos Ciervos” Hecho En Mexico. A bit rough. Needs some cleaning. Couldn’t find any information on it. Found this thread and will have to read it all lol. Any information is appreciated.
Attachments
IMG_7253.jpeg
IMG_7254.jpeg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

bdingwall wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 2:06 am Found.....

Here is the link to the GREAT article that Jason (jxr1197) wrote on the
Imperial and Mexico connection in the April 2020 issue of Knife Magazine.
DEFINITELY WORTH THE READ.

Nice knife. ::tu::

Skip

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”