Model Number Old Henry????

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
kells14u2

Model Number Old Henry????

Post by kells14u2 »

Hello,
I have a Schrade Uncle Henry gut hook knife. 2 blades. Stamped on Tang is SCHRADE + U.S.A. LTD.
I cannot find a model number any where on this knife. I did some research on here without any luck.
Thank You, your time and knowledge is appreciated.
See pictures
20230327_025623.jpg
20230327_025637.jpg
20230327_025727.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Model Number Old Henry????

Post by treefarmer »

kells14u2,
Here's one like yours that was sold here on AAPK: https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... h-usa-mint
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
kells14u2

Post by kells14u2 »

Thanks for responding Treefarmer and the one in the link is just like the one I have,
Mine does not have a model number stamped on it. Im curious as to why? ::hmm::
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

The Uncle Henry model 877UH was only listed in the Schrade catalog in 1990 and 1991. Apparently it was was not a fast seller so it was discontinued. I believe they also made some of that model for some companies and organizations like Ducks Unlimited. Sometimes when they made SFOs (special factory orders) they didn't always stamp the catalog number on the knife.
Normally they would make extra blades for each model for warranty replacement purposes and sometimes for anticipated future sales. If the demand for the SFO was less than anticipated, they may have had a number of extra blades left over. These may have been assembled and sold at a later date, such as just before their bankruptcy in 2004.

I don't know the exact reason for their model number to be missing from your knife, this is just a semi-educated guess. Someone else may know the specifics regarding this particular model.

I hope this helps.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”