Store Display

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
PGAMBR2007

Store Display

Post by PGAMBR2007 »

Anyone got any idea of date produced and value??
IMG_0136.JPG
tongueriver

Re: Store Display

Post by tongueriver »

Your display might date better if we could see the print and the prices; I am guessing late 1970s or early 1980s but that would just be a guess without the aforementioned information. Asking value is not really appropriate here and impossible to answer. Go to completed listings on ebay to get an idea. As a rough formula, selling the knives individually and then the empty display usually results in much better prices.
Old Folder
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Old Folder »

PGAMBR2007 wrote:Anyone got any idea of date produced and value??
IMG_0136.JPG
Beautiful display "PGAMBR2007"
Looks like a "Cleaver"? is missing on the top left ::shrug:: Should not be too difficult to replace with patience.
I agree with "tongueriver"= "Selling the knives individually and then the empty display usually results in much better prices".
But I would personally never brake up this historical set, :x Unless I really, really, really needed the money. A dedicated Schrade collector will pay a large amount for it.
Once it's gone, it's GONE. ::dang::
Just saying ::huff::
It's always important to know what you don't know.
Dan
espn77

Post by espn77 »

I WOULDNT SELL THEM. KEEP THEM AND ENJOY LOOKING AT THEM EVERY DAY. KNOWING YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW TO HAVE A FULL CASE. VERY NICE.
Mustanger

Post by Mustanger »

Looks like the Honesteel knife sharpener is missing. Pretty nice that it is all that's missing to make it complete. Bet you could get $1,500 to $2,000 for it with the right buyer. But what do I know? ::shrug::
Attachments
Schrade Honesteel.jpg
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

I can't read any of the labels. Looking at the display, I'm guessing Old Timers on the top, Uncle Henry in center section and Schrade on the bottom. If that is correct, what year did they quit marketing the knives with the Schrade shield? For some reason I was thinking they only marketed the Old Timer and Uncle Henry line before they shut down in 2004.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
philco
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by philco »

Are you looking to buy or to sell this display and the knives in it ? IF you're selling I just might know a guy.......
Phil
AAPK Administrator

Jesus died for you. Are you living for Him?

"Buy More Ammo!"
Johnnie Fain 1949-2009
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

I own several (10-12) of those different displays and mine are all full. If you get closer and clearer pictures I could probably help you put a date on it.....or you could go to Collectors of Schrade's R Us and look in the brochures to get a date.

Without better photos it will be hard to date. As a side note, I worked at Schrade for a little over a year between High School and entering the USAF for a career. I worked in shipping and receiving and assembled and shipped those displays out by the hundreds.

Tom
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I see that Dale has dated the 225H folding hunter's last catalog listing as 1975. There is one of them in that display.
americanedgetech

Post by americanedgetech »

You guys are insane
HOW do you find these things!? ! ? ::shrug::

Never mind.
Ken Mc.

WTB Kershaw 2120 MACHO Lockback Parts knife
I need a pile side scale. THX!
PGAMBR2007

Post by PGAMBR2007 »

Mustanger wrote:Looks like the Honesteel knife sharpener is missing. Pretty nice that it is all that's missing to make it complete. Bet you could get $1,500 to $2,000 for it with the right buyer. But what do I know? ::shrug::
It's at the bottom. Has fallen and I haven't taken the time to take the glass off and put it back up there. It falls pretty regular when you have a 2 and a 4 year old running around.
PGAMBR2007

Post by PGAMBR2007 »

Mustanger wrote:Looks like the Honesteel knife sharpener is missing. Pretty nice that it is all that's missing to make it complete. Bet you could get $1,500 to $2,000 for it with the right buyer. But what do I know? ::shrug::
It's at the bottom right corner. Has fallen down and just haven't taken the glass off to put it back up.
PGAMBR2007

Post by PGAMBR2007 »

americanedgetech wrote:You guys are insane
HOW do you find these things!? ! ? ::shrug::

Never mind.
Pretty sure my grandfather won this in a card game. At least that is kind of how the story goes. Also have a few shotguns that were claimed that way. He was the commander of the local VFW for many years and played a fair amount of cards with the boys!!!
PGAMBR2007

Post by PGAMBR2007 »

philco wrote:Are you looking to buy or to sell this display and the knives in it ? IF you're selling I just might know a guy.......
I own it. Not really looking to sell as my dad would lose his mind!! But I would like to know the value just for insurance purposes.
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

I can tell you if I had one of those I would enjoy looking at it for the rest of my days. Very nice ::tu::
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
PGAMBR2007

Post by PGAMBR2007 »

qUsLtGNhSu+mRjxU7ydEDw.jpg
qUsLtGNhSu+mRjxU7ydEDw.jpg
Attachments
gxTq54FGS%SU1LvTVbhnvA.jpg
h%4zWQT6Rfey2zFuAJMgrA.jpg
26SDkZB2TjO8kTF5uMgfbw.jpg
IkLsdc0bRYSYNqoKHtbKsQ.jpg
F9vPsB1LRm6b8Eb84ZW9zA.jpg
H54f8AS7RIKo335rTRzYWw.jpg