80T estate sale find

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Doug51

80T estate sale find

Post by Doug51 »

I've been doing a lot of reading here. Could someone help me with any information on this knife. The only thing that identifies it as Schrade is the stamp in the main blade. Would this be considered a lunch box knife? There was no box and it was still in the plastic wrap unused. I'M thinking of using it as I doubt it has much value to it or am I wrong? Thanks for any help.
Attachments
IMG_20180619_064519569.jpg
tongueriver

Re: 80T estate sale find

Post by tongueriver »

I don't recall a shield like that- maybe a special factory order for an organization or company (SFO). Possibly made up of leftovers just before the bankruptcy sale. Otherwise I would expect an etch as well. I would use it if it was me.
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

That was a production run knife and for the life of me I cannot remember who it was for. I believe I have one so I'll have to go into the knife room and see if I can find it!

Tom
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Chase wrote:That was a production run knife and for the life of me I cannot remember who it was for. I believe I have one so I'll have to go into the knife room and see if I can find it!

Tom
Thanks for the info Tom.
Rusty1

Post by Rusty1 »

For the 125th anniversary of Ingersoll Rand. It had 125th stamped on the shield and 125th quality of service stamped into the handle to the left of the shield. on the reverse side more stamping into the handle.

Russell
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Thank you Russell

I knew it was a production run and just couldn't remember who it was for!

Tom
Doug51

Post by Doug51 »

Thanks Russell.
deltaboy

Post by deltaboy »

Nice find love those 8OT STOCKMAN! ::tu::
Keep Near the Cross.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”