Schrade 250T Oldtimer value question

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
leggo

Schrade 250T Oldtimer value question

Post by leggo »

I tried using eBay for an idea of the value of one of these , $50.00 on there , there's only one of them .
A local guy has one like the picture I borrowed off of this AAPK forum , and it has the sheath . Of coarse I'd like to get a good deal on it , anybody got a ballpark figure on what these are valued at , I won't be using it , just collecting it.
This one pictured is about the same condition .Thanks in advance for any ideas . ::tu::
Attachments
Schrade-Walden250T3240%20001[1].jpg
Schrade-Walden250T3240%20001[1].jpg (26.04 KiB) Viewed 5455 times
gsmith7158
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schrade 250T Oldtimer value question

Post by gsmith7158 »

Leggo I checked completed sales on eBay and $50.00 was the max with box and sheath mint. Most went for $25-$40.
------------------

Greg

IF YOU AIN'T BUYING OR LOOKING AT A KNIFE THEN YOU AIN'T LIVING.
Always looking to buy good quality Empire knives.

PROUD MEMBER AAPK, NRA.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Schrade 25OT shows up regularly on ebay, so take your time, no need to bid high on first one you see. Others will always show up.
Make sure it is a USA Schrade
Get a knife with full length blades. To do this look at the tips, should be a sharp point, not rounded even just a tiny bit. And a picture looking top down onto closed blades is needed to be certain of full length blades.
Get one with it's original sheath. These changed over time so can help date the knife.
Then when you have done these you will have selected the best ones. Figure out how much you want to pay and set up your snipe bids. Eventually a top condition 25OT will get listed that gets very little bidding and you will score a top knife for a good deal price.
kj
leggo

Post by leggo »

Thanks GS and KJ for the information...I think I'll hold off on buying it . It isn't mint and I think he's looking for about 50 bucks . ::tu::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

You may wish to re-visit your search terms, as well, to include more choices. You have two hundred and fifty tee instead of twenty five oh tee. There are a few combinations of letters and numbers, including hyphens; be creative, and also look in fixed blades. Sellers list this stuff in the wrong places on a regular basis. If you expand your search you will discover that there are many more for sale than you thought.
leggo

Post by leggo »

Yea that makes sense TR. I'll keep that in mind next time I use eBay for price ideas. I don't buy off eBay because it's impossible to talk to a live person at paypal. Last time I tried it ,I couldn't get past a East Indian in India because I had no paypal account ::dang:: Thanks.
DeepDave

Post by DeepDave »

Just keep your eyes open on eBay. I've got a double handful of brand new 250T's w/sheaths that I got for $25 or less. The clip point is my everyday blade and the other one I keep razor sharp for an emergency. I used to carry one on my belt for years until people or cops started getting weird about it.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

DeepDave wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:06 am Just keep your eyes open on eBay. I've got a double handful of brand new 250T's w/sheaths that I got for $25 or less. The clip point is my everyday blade and the other one I keep razor sharp for an emergency. I used to carry one on my belt for years until people or cops started getting weird about it.
This thread passed out 5 1/2 years ago.
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

DeepDave wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:06 am Just keep your eyes open on eBay. I've got a double handful of brand new 250T's w/sheaths that I got for $25 or less. The clip point is my everyday blade and the other one I keep razor sharp for an emergency. I used to carry one on my belt for years until people or cops started getting weird about it.
For made in U.S.A. that is a killer price. Good for you, and time to sell one to the OP ! :D

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”