My Schrades, if I may

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
JAMESC41001

Re: My Schrades, if I may

Post by JAMESC41001 »

Batjak, nice group of schrades! Interesting to see the sears fixed blade(7th pic down). It is not very common. Wish I had that cool sheath to go with mine.
Duffer

Post by Duffer »

Paul very nice roll of Schrades ::tu:: Would be great to see a group photo or two of your Schrades outside of their rolls! This is just a tease when you show some knives in a roll with just their heads/bolsters poking out :lol: Inquiring minds want to see ::nod:: Thanks
Lloyd
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

BatJak wrote:
My wife doesn't understand my knife obsession.
One time, while putting away dishes, I jokingly said "ya got enough tupperware in this cabinet?"
To which she replied "ya got enough pocket knives?"
I shut up at that point... ::teary_eyes::
If it was shoes or purses, she would "get it".

I did notice there's no 863 in that fine collection. What the heck is that all about?
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

Duffer wrote:Paul very nice roll of Schrades ::tu:: Would be great to see a group photo or two of your Schrades outside of their rolls! This is just a tease when you show some knives in a roll with just their heads/bolsters poking out :lol: Inquiring minds want to see ::nod:: Thanks
:D

I've shown most of them, scattered about the forum, but some group photos would be good.

In the meantime until I get some photos together they are from right to left: 8813, 8813 SS, 881, 880, 879, 8173, 8566, 856, 856, 856, ulster stamped jr cattle (which is an 856), 787, 863, 895, 899, 899, 890, 890 and the chain jack is a 1251.
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

jerryd6818 wrote: I did notice there's no 863 in that fine collection. What the heck is that all about?
I will bail out Paul until he catches his breath.
863001 (Large).jpg
KnifeSlinger#81

Post by KnifeSlinger#81 »

jerryd6818 wrote:I did notice there's no 863 in that fine collection. What the heck is that all about?
Jerry, who is that question directed to?
-Paul T.

WANTED: Shapleigh Diamond Edge branded Schrades in good condition.
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

Chase wrote:Nice gathering of knives there, especially your Dad's and Uncle's Knives. I have a few Schrades myself and the ones from my family are the most sentimental to me, however, I am very fortunate to own some very Special/Rare knives as well.

Thank you for posting your knives!

Tom
Tom, Saying you have a few Schrades is kind of like saying AAPK has a few members
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
dweb1897

Post by dweb1897 »

I agree with Duffer...pull those knives out of the rolls
I have a hard time trusting someone who doesn't like dogs...but if my dog doesn't like someone, I'll trust that.
Acorn, a better friend than I deserved, gone but never forgotten...run fast and free 11-5-2018 I'll see you soon
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

KnifeSlinger#81 wrote:
jerryd6818 wrote:I did notice there's no 863 in that fine collection. What the heck is that all about?
Jerry, who is that question directed to?
BatJak
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
BatJak

Post by BatJak »

nope, I don't have one.
Pickins is slim in the desert.
I can't find good ol' pocket knives around these parts like you fellas.

Where the heck do y'all find all these pocket knives?

I do have a couple Camillus 72 (one old BSA user and a white scaled one like new)

I frequently get depressed lookin at all the awesome knives on this site :(
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

BatJak wrote:It is indeed a stockman. It had a broken blade and I only gave a few dollars for it
with the intention of reshaping the blades and making it a whittler.
I got the idea after seeing a picture of a knife Schrade made for Walt Garrison.
It was the 8OT frame with 3 sheepsfoot blades only, no spade or clip.
What a great collection BatJak. I really enjoyed the Walt Garrison reference. Quiet the real cowboy and an accomplished whittler. Now you have given me another knife to look for. Thanks for sharing. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::handshake::
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Years ago I saw a WESTERN folder for sale on ebay with FOUR sheepfoot blades, and called a 'dynamite' knife (used by blasters in the construction trade?). I liked it and bid, but it went very high to someone else. It could be argued that the sheepfoot/lambfoot/wharncliffe/pig hoof :shock: blade is the most useful of all patterns.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”