Lake & Walker/ 641 Questions

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
koldgold
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Lake & Walker/ 641 Questions

Post by koldgold »

This should help, if anyone is looking for a Schrade Lake & Walker knife!
Just remember, if it is stamped "U.S.A" it's not a Schrade Lake & Walker One... Ken

There were two Lake & Walker knives on eBay for sale, some years back.
Both knives were said to be SLW one knives both had all the bling that came with the SLW one knives.

Larry303 and I, talked about these two knives - as one knife was stamped "USA" and was not numbered.
The seller took them off eBay, and said "they had running numbers on the two boxes and paper work."
It was quite clear, one of the two knives had been swooped for a later SLW II.

All SLW one knives came in a "white sleeve and box with Gold printing" and a black padded zip-up poach.
Attachments
12 - SLW2.JPG
13 - SLW 2s.JPG
13 - SLW2.JPG
11..jpg
12..png
13. SLW1.jpg
6.JPG
Lake & Walker.JPG
#13 SLW1.JPG
HI FROM AUSTRALIA
A.A.P.N. # 5197: Member of Australian & U.S Blade Forums...KEN -
I collect Schrade knives - made in the U.S.A.- I like the 8OT
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Great. This is the core info on these Lake & Walker knives. Thank you Mr. Koldgold.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Excellent information, Ken; thanks for taking the time. I have the full display of both knives, the fixed blade in stag and the folder, with matching numbers. If anyone is interested, I would release them, but I would like what I would consider fair remuneration.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”