SELLER FAILS

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
tongueriver

SELLER FAILS

Post by tongueriver »

I messaged him with a detailed description of what he ACTUALLY had. No reply for two days now and no change in listing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Vintage-S ... :rk:2:pf:0
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SELLER FAILS

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Some if the fleabay sellers don't care. They either THINK they know or make up a story and an inflated price hoping someone will believe the story. All too often they're right. :x

Ken

The OP knife:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.4 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

What is the knife? Looks like a Muskrat, I’m not up on New York Knife Co. ::shrug:: l like the looks of it but not for that kind of money. My old 77OT still works very well.
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

It is a 1990ish release muskrat by Imperial Schrade in 440C and stag, part of a run of four patterns, 152 fixed, muskrat, stockman and trapper.
black mamba

Post by black mamba »

Cal, you may have seen this on another forum, but I have one of the stockmen made in 1995.
Nice knife, but not worth $595 . . . maybe $95 (BIG maybe).
HBstockmanOpen_zpsdq6mubud.jpg
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

black mamba wrote:Cal, you may have seen this on another forum, but I have one of the stockmen made in 1995.
Nice knife, but not worth $595 . . . maybe $95 (BIG maybe).

HBstockmanOpen_zpsdq6mubud.jpg
Yeah, I said 1990; I wasn't sure about that, so maybe 1995 for all of them or some of them. I had one of the stockmans at one point but it has gone off somewhere to a nice guy I know.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Seller re-listed at $29.99. He's still calling it a Cut Co but at least he had the sense to listen to the marketplace on pricing.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Schrade-C ... Sws99cEZez
- Jason
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

Looks like it sold for $29.99, which was a good buy for someone. I have the 4 knives that Schrade made and they are great quality. I certainly wouldn't sell mine for that low of a price....but then again, I rarely sell any of my knives anyway.....lol

I did give one up a couple years ago for an AAPK Auction, donation, and it sold to a member here for $100

Tom
KAW

Post by KAW »

Auction is still ongoing... ends Tues (Christmas) @ 1:54 am EST...
1 bidder so far at the starting bid of $29.99...
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Chase »

My mistake...I looked quick and saw $29.99 and thought it sold....Sorry

Tom
black mamba

Post by black mamba »

I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

black mamba wrote:I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!
The guy should be a politician - meets all the requirements.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Mumbleypeg wrote:
black mamba wrote:I just saw another listing on the bay where the seller describes the knife as "Vintage, Very Old" when the tang stamp is from 1965-'77. He says it is stainless steel, when both blades are covered with patina and pepper spots. He describes it as a "red bone handle" when it is clearly Delrin. It is listed as a lockback when it is a slipjoint. I'm not sure they got one single thing right in the whole listing! And to top it all off, after missing nearly all the details, he says, "Bid with confidence!" WOW!!!

Ken
You have to work your way up, Ken; first seller, then lawyer, THEN politician. Actually, I can't see the listing, but it is probably just a fellow that doesn't know a knife from a sweet potato.
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

tongueriver wrote:
Mumbleypeg wrote:

Ken
You have to work your way up, Ken; first seller, then lawyer, THEN politician. Actually, I can't see the listing, but it is probably just a fellow that doesn't know a knife from a sweet potato.
:lol: That's my point. He doesn't know anything but all the right buzzwords. And he says you can have confidence in him! ::facepalm::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Mumbleypeg wrote:you can have confidence in him! ::facepalm::

Ken
Do you recall the etymology of the word "con man"? It is 'short' for confidence man. :)

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”