Question on tang stamp

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Hoss29860

Question on tang stamp

Post by Hoss29860 »

Hi I just found out a coworker has an old scharde LB5 that I'm possibly interested in buying I don't have any pictures because I just learned he inherited it while we are both at work . he said the tang stamp is scharde + usa LB5 . can anyone help me out with information on what time frame it was made in also vaule of said knife he said it's used but. good condition over all
tongueriver

Re: Question on tang stamp

Post by tongueriver »

1981 to 2001.
Completed listings for that knife on Ebay are here; the prices on the ones in black font did not sell.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... Complete=1

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”