Schrade 881Y

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Schrade 881Y

Post by stockman »

Newer Knife, Schrade/NY USA/881Y Knife unused,unsharpened, like new. Tube nice. I would like to sell this knife but I have no idea of value. Would take a offer or help on value.

Harold
Attachments
IMG_0209.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG
IMG_0215.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
IMG_0219.JPG
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Schrade 881Y

Post by Mumbleypeg »

FWIW I bought 2 NOS 881Y exactly like yours on eBay a few months ago. Older production factory mint and still in the original plastic sleeves with paperwork, $60 for the pair. Gave them to my grandsons for Christmas last year. Great steel in those. Check on eBay for sold listings of Schrade 881Y. ::tu::

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
Doc B

Post by Doc B »

Here are prices...they've actually sold for...in various conditions...
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... 1&_fosrp=1
Heretical Refurb / Mods of cheap old folders, since late 2018
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I have to chuckle when someone refers to some book of values. That is no longer how it works. Thanks for the link to the completed listings. THAT is how it works!
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

I was guessing around $30.00 Harold
black mamba

Post by black mamba »

I always include the shipping in the price, as some sell with free shipping and some with 7-8 dollar shipping. I think $30 is a tremendous deal, and $35 to $45 more typical for mint in tube examples.
stockman
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by stockman »

black mamba wrote:I always include the shipping in the price, as some sell with free shipping and some with 7-8 dollar shipping. I think $30 is a tremendous deal, and $35 to $45 more typical for mint in tube examples.
I sometimes include shipping, sometimes not. I usually ship USPS which is for the small box almost $8.00. I will always ship USPS on higher priced knives. I think it is safer. I have been charging $7.00 for the USPS. If someone wants cheaper shipping on lower priced knives I will do what they want. On low priced knives I think $7.00 to $8.00 hurts my sales.

Harold

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”