Sc503 Scrimshaw folding knife

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
MS63

Sc503 Scrimshaw folding knife

Post by MS63 »

I have the alligator version of Schrade’s SC503. This was my father’s knife which I acquired after his passing last spring. The blade is broken and I would like to get it replaced if possible. Can anyone direct me on how or if this is possible?
bladecollectorr

Re: Sc503 Scrimshaw folding knife

Post by bladecollectorr »

There are folks here at AAPK who could fix the knife but...

If you punch in SC503 into ebay you will find you can get a "new" near-mint example for not a whole lot of money. It would likely cost you more to repair it.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... c=0&_oac=1

I get why you would want to fix it. Worth looking into but you might want to retire the original and buy a new one that can also make you think of your Dad.

Check out the threads below to see some work that people have done then contact them directly, would be my advice.

viewforum.php?f=14

viewforum.php?f=37
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”