Imperial Mexico

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Imperial Mexico

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Well it finally arrived. Here is a single blade, Imperial Mexico, fob style pocket knife. I didn't have to clean it at all. The pictures are mine and show some of the various views of this TINY pocket knife. Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
jxr1197

Re: Imperial Mexico

Post by jxr1197 »

I'm glad to see you posting these - much better than the seller's pics. I have a couple of Hechos handled in those same, almost translucent, covers. Very unique luster to it. That's a great knife. ::tu::
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:26 am I'm glad to see you posting these - much better than the seller's pics. I have a couple of Hechos handled in those same, almost translucent, covers. Very unique luster to it. That's a great knife. ::tu::
Hi Jason. I knew you'd appreciate this knife. I couldn't quite capture the color of the handles. It is quite small, but I'm not complaining. I now own a truly "rare" pocket knife. ::handshake::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today I obtained this Imperial "HECHO EN MEXICO" (Made In Mexico) scout style pocket knife. It comes with a leather sheath. I'll give it a cleaning when I receive it and I will post MY pictures in the appropriate location(s). These pictures are the seller's.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (19.92 KiB) Viewed 6604 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (21.42 KiB) Viewed 6604 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (43.75 KiB) Viewed 6604 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (37.69 KiB) Viewed 6604 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (26.86 KiB) Viewed 6604 times

Skip
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

The OP’s fob knife reminded me of a little knife in my « to fiddle with » pile. Imperial Mexico 2 blade @ 2.75 inches it must be the same era as the OP’s cutie. ::tu::
MT-Vessel
Attachments
2E49E366-259F-4FE0-8F48-71736BC3DE21.jpeg
E524B1EC-863B-43CD-ABC2-64ED58A7D8A2.jpeg
Empty vessels make the most noise...
TwoFlowersLuggage
Location: Stuck in traffic on a highway in Southern California

Post by TwoFlowersLuggage »

Every time I see "Imperial Mexico", I can't help thinking it refers to Emperor Maximilian...
800px-X-Large_Portrait_of_Maximiliano.jpg
"The Luggage had a straightforward way of dealing with things between it and its intended destination: it ignored them." -Terry Pratchett
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

MT-Vessel wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:07 pm The OP’s fob knife reminded me of a little knife in my « to fiddle with » pile. Imperial Mexico 2 blade @ 2.75 inches it must be the same era as the OP’s cutie. ::tu::
MT-Vessel
Hi MT-Vessel. I see Imperial on the tang, but where does it say Mexico? Is it on the other side? If and when you get a chance, post another picture please. If you're interested, here is a very good, informative piece on Schrade/Imperial in Mexico, with tang stamps. It is by Jason, aka jxr1197.
http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... cianas.pdf

Skip
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

Thanks for the link. Yes, my little knife has Mexico on the back of the main blade. A day or so ago my brother sent me a photo of a few folders in a shop he was visiting. Coincidentally, I think the white one is like your fob knife.
MT-Vessel
Attachments
7C518F09-5F55-48C2-894C-5C3AD6F22379.jpeg
FE3C2D1C-E41D-4C0C-9650-5A8F5BBF9A00.jpeg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

MT-Vessel wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:18 am Thanks for the link. Yes, my little knife has Mexico on the back of the main blade. A day or so ago my brother sent me a photo of a few folders in a shop he was visiting. Coincidentally, I think the white one is like your fob knife.
MT-Vessel
Thank you for posting the pictures. ::tu:: The one in the bottom picture has 3 pins, but one is for the bail. Mine, on top of the page, has 3 pins, all separate from the bail. Just out of curiosity, where was the shop that your brother was visiting?

Skip
MT-Vessel

Post by MT-Vessel »

He does not live near me. I assume that the shop was somewhere in the Vancouver, B.C. area. ::shrug::
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today I received this Imperial, "HECHO EN MEXICO", scout style, pocket knife. I gave the entire knife a good cleaning. It measures 3 3/4" closed. It also came with a nice leather sheath. The "before" pictures are 7 posts above this one. These are MY pictures. Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Gorgeous scout ::tu::
In the seller pics it looked blue, I was waiting to see if it really was. The punch looks like a flat piece of steel in the pic. Is it really flat or is it concave? They really stamped the crap out of that tang, didn't they? I have a few like that too. I'm curious about the sheath - any markings on it?
Congrats on adding another fine Hecho to your collection!
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:17 am Gorgeous scout ::tu::
In the seller pics it looked blue, I was waiting to see if it really was. The punch looks like a flat piece of steel in the pic. Is it really flat or is it concave? They really stamped the crap out of that tang, didn't they? I have a few like that too. I'm curious about the sheath - any markings on it?
Congrats on adding another fine Hecho to your collection!
Hi Jason. I will address your comments and questions in order. I thought the handles were blue also, they are dark black. The punch is flat, not concave. I love that deep stamped tang. I wish all tang stamps were as deep and legible. There are no markings on the sheath or remains of markings that I can see or find. Thanks for another pocket knife "subject" to collect. ::handshake::

Skip
davea1406

Post by davea1406 »

I'm interested to see your post of this knife. I received a lot of TSA knives and I believe I have the exact same knife. It is 2 5/8" long, 1" blade stamped Imperial Mexico.

Here are a couple of pics. What can you tell me about the knife and it's value?

Thanks
Attachments
thumbnail.jpg
thumbnail 2.jpg
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

davea1406 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:20 am I'm interested to see your post of this knife. I received a lot of TSA knives and I believe I have the exact same knife. It is 2 5/8" long, 1" blade stamped Imperial Mexico.

Here are a couple of pics. What can you tell me about the knife and it's value?

Thanks
Hi and ::welcome:: to AAPK. First, I'm not an expert on these knives at all. Click on this link (it's safe), it is a good history of Schrade/Imperial in Mexico. http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... cianas.pdf
As far as value, I'd be safe saying it's worth maybe $10 to $15. ::tu::

Skip
davea1406

Post by davea1406 »

Thanks so much.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

I wound up buying that little Imperial from Dave. This is my 'collection' of inch-and-a-halfers. The one on the bottom is a tie tack and above it is a pin with a lock bar on the back and Dave's Mexico knife is up top:
1.5imps.jpg
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:49 pm I wound up buying that little Imperial from Dave. This is my 'collection' of inch-and-a-halfers. The one on the bottom is a tie tack and above it is a pin with a lock bar on the back and Dave's Mexico knife is up top
Very nice group Jason! ::tu:: I didn't know that Dave was selling that particular knife, but I'm glad you got it. I'm still searching for others.

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I just obtained, for best offer, this Imperial "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. It appears to be in excellent condition. When I receive it, it'll get the once over. Pictures will be taken and posted in the appropriate location(s).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 am I just obtained, for best offer, this Imperial "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. It appears to be in excellent condition. When I receive it, it'll get the once over. Pictures will be taken and posted in the appropriate location(s).
That's a nice one. I saw that knife (I think it's the same) for sale a while back but the seller had it priced like he was selling one of his kids. Congrats ::tu::
*There's a halfway decent write up on the Mexican Imperials in this month's issue of Knife Magazine.
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:55 pm
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:59 am I just obtained, for best offer, this Imperial "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. It appears to be in excellent condition. When I receive it, it'll get the once over. Pictures will be taken and posted in the appropriate location(s).
That's a nice one. I saw that knife (I think it's the same) for sale a while back but the seller had it priced like he was selling one of his kids. Congrats ::tu::
*There's a halfway decent write up on the Mexican Imperials in this month's issue of Knife Magazine.
Thank you Jason. ::handshake:: Yes, it's the same one that was ridiculously priced. I got it for $40, which still might be high, but I wanted it. ::tu::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This knife arrived yesterday. Another Imperial "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. This one has two tools, a blade and a file. It is 2 3/4" closed. It didn't need any cleaning at all. I took some pictures and here they are. Last picture is of the "Three Amigos." The top knife is an "IMPERIAL MEXICO", the middle knife is an "IMPERIAL HECHO EN MEXICO" and the bottom knife is an "IMPERIAL HECHO EN MEXICO."
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
TPK

Post by TPK »

"Viva Mexico!!!" ::tu:: :D
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:45 pm This knife arrived yesterday. Another Imperial "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. This one has two blades. It is 2 3/4" closed. It didn't need any cleaning at all. I took some pictures and here they are. The last picture is of the "Three Amigos." Top knife, "IMPERIAL MEXICO", the middle knife is an "IMPERIAL HECHO EN MEXICO" and the bottom knife is an "IMPERIAL HECHO EN MEXICO."
Very nice group - congrats on adding the new one. I recently picked up this Mexican theater lobby card for an old Roman Polanski movie. I think it fits in with the theme and I'm planning to display display it with the Hechos...one of these days when I get around to it.
ElCuchilloEnElAgua.jpg
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:56 pm "Viva Mexico!!!" ::tu:: :D
Gracias Tom. ::tu::