Imperial Mexico

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Location: I'm On The Far Right On The Left Coast In Commiefornia

Re: Imperial Mexico

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:20 am
New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:26 pm I just acquired these three knives from the same vendor.
You got three nice Colonials there.....
Thank you Jason. ::tu:: I haven't seen the falcon head pastor aleman. This one is still there though.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-PASTOR ... Sw1G1ZtDbW
Kid: "Wish we had time to bury them fellas."
Josey Wales: "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards got to eat, same as worms."
Clint Eastwood-The Outlaw Josey Wales

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

I purchased this knife this morning. It will be added to my "South Of The Border" collection. It is an IMPERIAL, 2 blade, 1 tool (corkscrew), "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. It also has a "Deer Head" on the handle, this qualifies it for zoo residency. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. It appears to be in good condition. When I receive it, I'll give it the once over, take some pictures and post them in the appropriate location(s).
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today, these 3 pocket knives join my "South Of The Border" collection. First up, a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, 3 tool pocket knife. It had advertising on the handle, I can't read what's left. This knife is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico connection. It required a good cleaning, I did what I could. Next is a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 2 blade, 1 tool pocket knife. This knife is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico connection. It required a good cleaning, I did what I could. Finally, a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 3 blade, 2 tool pocket knife. This pocket knife has two tang stamps. It looks like it had a fourth blade or a third tool, only the stub remains. This knife is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico connection. It needed a massive cleaning, it got one. I took some pictures and here are the knives.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Here’s one that threw me for a loop. The knife was sent to me from a friend down under who knows how much these Hechos fascinate me. It’s a common moose pattern that they used a lot and this one has one black and one white scale – again very familiar and normally seen with dominoes stamped on both sides. This knife doesn’t have the dominoes – maybe they faded. The weirdness is in the bolsters because it shouldn’t have any. Every Imperial Hecho in this pattern I have seen is a shadow. That is true of the Imperial Hecho, The Barnes Hecho and the Monterrey Hecho. Now that I got my hands on it the mystery is partly solved. The knife is a shadow. Those bolsters are ON TOP of the scales instead of being in lieu of the scales at the ends. The bolsters were fit over the ends and then pinned back together. The bolsters float a little and can be easily moved making it feel flimsy but the knife is actually pretty tight. My first thought was the knife was modded on someone’s kitchen table but where would you find hollow bolsters that exactly fit this knife? In looking at Skip’s knife above (which I originally thought was a Colonial) it seems this is not a one off. How ‘bout it Skip – are those bolsters the same, snapped over an existing shadow scale? Or are they regular solid bolsters attached to the liner with the handles fit in between them?
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:32 am ..... The knife is a shadow. Those bolsters are ON TOP of the scales instead of being in lieu of the scales at the ends. The bolsters were fit over the ends and then pinned back together. The bolsters float a little and can be easily moved making it feel flimsy but the knife is actually pretty tight. How ‘bout it Skip – are those bolsters the same, snapped over an existing shadow scale? Or are they regular solid bolsters attached to the liner with the handles fit in between them?
You got yourself another nice one. ::tu:: With mine, it's the same story. All 4 bolsters are on top of the scales and can be moved/wiggled. Three of them quite easily.

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today this knife gets added to my "South Of The Border" collection. It is an Imperial, 2 blade, 1 tool (corkscrew), "HECHO EN MEXICO" pocket knife. It also has a "Deer Head" on the handle, this qualifies it for zoo residency. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. It didn't require any cleaning. I took a few pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Nice one Skip....
I see that deer peeking back at me.

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Meridian_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:50 am Nice one Skip....
I see that deer peeking back at me.

::tu::
Thank you Mike. ::tu::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

This morning I'm adding this knife to my "South Of The Border" collection. It's a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, pocket knife. It measures 5 3/8" closed and 9 1/2" open. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. I gave the blade a gentle cleaning. I left the handles alone as I didn't want to chance ruining the graphics. I took a few pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:10 pm This morning I'm adding this knife to my "South Of The Border" collection. It's a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, pocket knife. It measures 5 3/8" closed and 9 1/2" open. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. I gave the blade a gentle cleaning. I left the handles alone as I didn't want to chance ruining the graphics. I took a few pictures and here it is.
Nice one skip. Is that a lockback?
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Papa Bones wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:12 am Nice one skip. Is that a lockback?
Thank you Smitty. ::tu:: Yes, it's a lockback.

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today I've added another PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, "007" lock back pocket knife to my collection. Unlike my other "007" knife, this one still has the "007" clearly marked on the handle. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial & Colonial venture in Mexico story/connection. It measures 5 5/8" closed and 10" with the blade open. I cleaned it, took some pictures and here it is. Click on a picture to ENLARGE.

***** TRIVIA *****
Not this particular knife, but the same style "007 flipper knife" has a morbid place in rock n' roll history. In October 1978, evidently it was a similar "007" style knife that killed Nancy Spungen, girlfriend of Sid Vicious. Sid was a member of the punk music group, the Sex Pistols. Sid supposedly bought the knife on 42nd Street in N.Y.C. He denied killing her, he OD'd before the investigation ended.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:35 pm Today I've added another PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, "007" lock back pocket knife to my collection. Unlike my other "007" knife, this one still has the "007" clearly marked on the handle. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial & Colonial venture in Mexico story/connection. It measures 5 5/8" closed and 10" with the blade open. I cleaned it, took some pictures and here it is. Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Very nice - and I see I missed that last lock back you posted a few weeks ago. Two more fine additions to your south of the border collection! ::tu::
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:02 am Very nice.....
Thank you Jason. 🍻

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today this pocket knife joins my "South Of The Border" familia. It's another PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 2 blade with bottle opener/cap lifter, pocket knife. It measures 3 7/8" closed, not including the bail. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. It doesn't appear that there were ever any graphics on the handle(s). It needed no cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:08 pm Today this pocket knife joins my "South Of The Border" familia. It's another PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 2 blade with bottle opener/cap lifter, pocket knife. It measures 3 7/8" closed, not including the bail. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. It doesn't appear that there were ever any graphics on the handle(s). It needed no cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.

I had that one on my watchlist and forgot to bid on it. ::facepalm:: Glad to see it found its way to you. ::tu::
- Jason
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

jxr1197 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:30 pm I had.....
Thank you Jason. ::tu::

Skip
Papa Bones
Silver Tier
Silver Tier

Post by Papa Bones »

New_Windsor_NY wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:08 pm Today this pocket knife joins my "South Of The Border" familia. It's another PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), 2 blade with bottle opener/cap lifter, pocket knife. It measures 3 7/8" closed, not including the bail. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. It doesn't appear that there were ever any graphics on the handle(s). It needed no cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Sweet knife skip. ::tu:: ::tu::
Sometimes I Sit and Think ::hmm:: .... Other times I just Sit
I May Grow Older, But I refuse to Grow Up!!
I'll sharpen it for you, but I don't give out band-aids!!

Smitty
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Papa Bones wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 am Sweet.....
Gracias señor Smitty. ::tu::

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today this pocket knife joins my "South Of The Border" collection. It's a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, 4 tool, scouting/camping style pocket knife. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. It didn't need any cleaning. I took some pictures and here it is.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today this pocket knife joins my "South Of The Border" collection. It's another PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade pocket knife. It also has a cap lifter/bottle opener/can opener. This is my 2nd one of this particular pattern. This knife "brand" is part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. This tang stamp does not have the profile of the dog's head. It didn't need any cleaning. I took a few pictures and here it is. Click on a picture to ENLARGE.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

Today I'm adding these two knives to my "South Of The Border" collection. The first one is an IMPERIAL "HECHO EN MEXICO", 2 blade, "Deer Handle" pocket knife. The second one is a PASTOR ALEMAN (German Shepherd), single blade, 4 tool, scouting/camping style pocket knife. These knife "brands" are part of the Imperial and Colonial, Mexico story/connection. They did not need any cleaning. I took some pictures and here they are.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Skip
TPK

Post by TPK »

Excellent additions Skip! Especially that one with the long pull! Nice! ::tu:: ::nod::
TOM - KGFG - (Knife-Guy-From-Germany)

I believe..., every knife is a soul, looking for a soulmate. :wink:

Weebit-Nano https://www.weebit-nano.com/
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weebit_Nano

US - ARMY - COMBAT - ENGINEERS - 1990 - 1993 - God Bless Our Troops!
New_Windsor_NY
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by New_Windsor_NY »

TPK wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:43 pm Excellent.....
Gracias señor DeVore.🍻

Skip

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”