Schrade Cut Co Hunters Pride

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
BFORSE

Re: Schrade Cut Co Hunters Pride

Post by BFORSE »

234ABFF2-C828-4C5B-B1CD-691806A76379.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

That was quite a bit of $ back in the depression. I remember my Dad telling me that his Dad made 40$ a week and supported wife and 3 children on it. Seems hard to believe now with the prices these days. Thanks for posting the great pics and prices, very interesting.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 pm I'll just enjoy the pictures and go on my way, y'all are way out of my league. ::nod::
Treefarmer
I’ll join you! Those are pretty amazing, and one would definitely be welcome in the pile. But, regardless of the name, I just can’t imagine using that one on ol Bambi!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:09 pm
treefarmer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 pm I'll just enjoy the pictures and go on my way, y'all are way out of my league. ::nod::
Treefarmer
I’ll join you! Those are pretty amazing, and one would definitely be welcome in the pile. But, regardless of the name, I just can’t imagine using that one on ol Bambi!
Yeah, that’s just plain cruel. I use mine for opening paint cans. :wink:
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

:lol: :lol: ::tounge:: ::tounge:: ::tounge::
BFORSE wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:55 pm
Treefarmer
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

The members of AAPK have a great sense of humor. ::nod::
B5C1C34A-3FE8-43D7-A3D3-C1F5B0EAD746.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

BFORSE wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:55 pm
Treefarmer
:shock: :shock: ::tu::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Just spotted one on eBay:
7C51CB94-CAA2-4079-B0CF-DD46571572B9.png
St. John Chapter 1
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

Wow! ::tu::
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Surely there’s more than a handful of AAPK members that have one of these tucked away in their sock drawer; come on fellas don’t be shy, show us what ya got! ::nod::
St. John Chapter 1
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I don't have that one but I do have this one, courtesy of Eric and a few $$.
1613 catalog cut001.jpg
mark opened (Large).jpg
Schrade Cut Co Auto 1613 3%284 4 (Large).jpg
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

tongueriver wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:14 pm I don't have that one but I do have this one, courtesy of Eric and a few $$.
1613 catalog cut001.jpgmark opened (Large).jpgSchrade Cut Co Auto 1613 3%284 4 (Large).jpg
In a general sense, I would say that one counts, because I would be proud to own that beautiful hunting knife. ::nod:: ::tu::
St. John Chapter 1
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

382E9799-ECD4-433F-8A38-679E46D9C5CB.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Great knife and pretty good sharpening stone. :D
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I have some Schrade switches, but nothing like these Grail knives. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

1967redrider wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:03 pm I have some Schrade switches, but nothing like these Grail knives. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my::
Based on your icon, it looks like you have a couple of Marbles folding hunters, those to me are grail knives as well.
St. John Chapter 1
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

BFORSE wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:15 pm
1967redrider wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:03 pm I have some Schrade switches, but nothing like these Grail knives. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my::
Based on your icon, it looks like you have a couple of Marbles folding hunters, those to me are grail knives as well.

Thank you, Sir. ::handshake::

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

I have to pay more attention, did not realize this thread had popped back up, glad it did as you all have posted some great knives.

I've managed to add a few more, another Hunters Pride with different bone than the first one I posted, a Schrade Hunting Knife that still has a faint etch and a another large Schrade that appears to be the same as a Hunters Pride but without the swing guard.
Attachments
IMG_3414.jpeg
IMG_3419.jpeg
IMG_3185.jpeg
IMG_3187.jpeg
IMG_2976.jpeg
IMG_2981.jpeg
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

JohnR, you have one of the best collections of Schrade Cut Co.s I have seen, and somehow you manage to find multiples of some of the best knives ever made. I don’t know how you do it.
St. John Chapter 1
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

BFORSE wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:46 pm I don’t know how you do it.
I don't either. Knife shows? Generally those don't come off Ebay, which is my only option, pretty much. My nearest knife show is a thousand miles away and flea markets, antique shops, etc, don't exist here either. Anyway kudos for those knives! Beautiful!
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:18 pm
BFORSE wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:46 pm I don’t know how you do it.
I don't either. Knife shows? Generally those don't come off Ebay, which is my only option, pretty much. My nearest knife show is a thousand miles away and flea markets, antique shops, etc, don't exist here either. Anyway kudos for those knives! Beautiful!
I’m kinda in the same boat as you. I’m left with eBay or the generosity of fellow members willing to part with one of their own.
It seems like some members have the ability to travel back in time and snatch whatever they want off the assembly line. Congratulations to them and their ability ::tu::. Keep up the good work!
St. John Chapter 1
JohnR
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by JohnR »

Thank for the nice comments, appreciated. I don't have access to shows here in Maryland, most of the knives I find come from eBay and a couple vintage knife Facebook groups I belong to, some also come from other knife collectors that I consider friends.

This is the last one I've picked up recently, not quite a Hunters Pride, this Schrade Cut is slightly smaller, I think this is the first version of the paratrooper with bone covers before they used plastic. This is the only one of the Schrade auto's I have that has lock up with zero play, most I have handled have some up and down play when locked open.
Attachments
IMG_3161.jpeg
IMG_3166.jpeg
peanut740
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by peanut740 »

John.👍👍
Roger
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

JohnR wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:13 pm Thank for the nice comments, appreciated. I don't have access to shows here in Maryland, most of the knives I find come from eBay and a couple vintage knife Facebook groups I belong to, some also come from other knife collectors that I consider friends.

This is the last one I've picked up recently, not quite a Hunters Pride, this Schrade Cut is slightly smaller, I think this is the first version of the paratrooper with bone covers before they used plastic. This is the only one of the Schrade auto's I have that has lock up with zero play, most I have handled have some up and down play when locked open.
Awesome ::tu::
St. John Chapter 1
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

More sweet ones! ::tu:: ::tu::

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”