Schrade Cut Co Hunters Pride

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
ea42

Re: Schrade Cut Co Hunters Pride

Post by ea42 »

Here ya go:
Schrade Cut Co Hunter's Pride.jpg
Schrade Cut Co Hunter's Pride 2.jpg
Eric
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Man! That is beautiful! ::tu:: thanks for sharing!
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

I could look at those knives all day. Post ‘em if you got ‘em!!! ::tu::
St. John Chapter 1
...12 But as many as received him (Jesus), to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God...
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 pm I'll just enjoy the pictures and go on my way, y'all are way out of my league. ::nod::
Treefarmer
I've been enjoying these pics and thinking the same thing. Today I landed an unexpected "Fisherman's Pride" so never say "never".

I'd call it a companion model to the "Hunter's Pride". Both knives are listed in the 1938 (date corrected) pricelist.
01a.jpg
02a.jpg
04a.jpg
05a.jpg
09.jpg
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
treefarmer
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by treefarmer »

That's a great knife! ::clapping::
Treefarmer

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE.
bladecollectorr

treefarmer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:20 pm That's a great knife! ::clapping::
Treefarmer
Thanks!

Here are snips of the related supplements and pricelist so we can see the model numbers and original prices. Note that the Fisherman's Pride was originally the more expensive of the two. I found that quite surprising since the swing-guard auto-knife is much more complex but maybe the stainless steel drove the cost up a bit. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

"Hunter's Pride" G1543 3/4:

1932 supplement:
Hunters Pride 1932 supplement.jpg
1938 Jobbers pricelist:
Hunters Pride 1932 pricelist.jpg
Hunters Pride 1932 pricelist.jpg (10.53 KiB) Viewed 2520 times

"Fisherman's Pride" SSC114 3/4S:

1936 supplement:
SSC114 3-4S - 1936 supplement.jpg
1938 Jobbers pricelist:
1932 Jobbers pricelist.jpg
NOTE: post edited (as per Jason's pricelist date correction) for clarity
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

bladecollectorr wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 pm I thought the Schrade supplements indicated release dates but I guess that is not always the case.

I think there might be a stronger argument to be made that those price lists aren't from 1932. The supplements kept sequential page numbers from one supplement to the next and that price list shows your knife is on page 97 - in a catalog that came out in 1936. The price list also references page numbers from the 1938 supplement. I'd venture a guess that 1938 or 1939 is when those price lists were printed.

Nice knife! ::tu::
- Jason
bladecollectorr

jxr1197 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:02 am
bladecollectorr wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:28 pm I thought the Schrade supplements indicated release dates but I guess that is not always the case.

I think there might be a stronger argument to be made that those price lists aren't from 1932. The supplements kept sequential page numbers from one supplement to the next and that price list shows your knife is on page 97 - in a catalog that came out in 1936. The price list also references page numbers from the 1938 supplement. I'd venture a guess that 1938 or 1939 is when those price lists were printed.

Nice knife! ::tu::
Thanks!

I think you are absolutely right about the date being off. lrv has it labelled as being from 1932 on his website but somewhere along the line I labelled the same pricelist #342 as being from 1938. I think I did it because I checked what was the highest page number referenced and went to supplements to find that page.

I will fix the previous posts for clarity. Pricelist is likely from 1938 not 1932. The Fishermans Pride knife probably did make it's first appearance in 1936.
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Awesome knife bladecollectorr!!
St. John Chapter 1
RalphAlsip

Post by RalphAlsip »

ea42 wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 pm Here ya go:

Schrade Cut Co Hunter's Pride.jpg

Schrade Cut Co Hunter's Pride 2.jpg

Eric
Eric, wow! Your Hunter's Pride is a fantastic example. ::tu:: ::tu::
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

234ABFF2-C828-4C5B-B1CD-691806A76379.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
Coinfolio
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Coinfolio »

That was quite a bit of $ back in the depression. I remember my Dad telling me that his Dad made 40$ a week and supported wife and 3 children on it. Seems hard to believe now with the prices these days. Thanks for posting the great pics and prices, very interesting.
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

treefarmer wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 pm I'll just enjoy the pictures and go on my way, y'all are way out of my league. ::nod::
Treefarmer
I’ll join you! Those are pretty amazing, and one would definitely be welcome in the pile. But, regardless of the name, I just can’t imagine using that one on ol Bambi!
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Colonel26 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:09 pm
Treefarmer
I’ll join you! Those are pretty amazing, and one would definitely be welcome in the pile. But, regardless of the name, I just can’t imagine using that one on ol Bambi!
Yeah, that’s just plain cruel. I use mine for opening paint cans. :wink:
St. John Chapter 1
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

:lol: :lol: ::tounge:: ::tounge:: ::tounge::
BFORSE wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:55 pm
Treefarmer
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

The members of AAPK have a great sense of humor. ::nod::
B5C1C34A-3FE8-43D7-A3D3-C1F5B0EAD746.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
Colonel26
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Colonel26 »

BFORSE wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:55 pm
Treefarmer
:shock: :shock: ::tu::
“There are things in the old Book which I may not be able to explain, but I fully accept it as the infallible word of God, and receive its teachings as inspired by the Holy Spirit.”
Robert E. Lee
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Just spotted one on eBay:
7C51CB94-CAA2-4079-B0CF-DD46571572B9.png
St. John Chapter 1
bladecollectorr

Wow! ::tu::
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

Surely there’s more than a handful of AAPK members that have one of these tucked away in their sock drawer; come on fellas don’t be shy, show us what ya got! ::nod::
St. John Chapter 1
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I don't have that one but I do have this one, courtesy of Eric and a few $$.
1613 catalog cut001.jpg
mark opened (Large).jpg
Schrade Cut Co Auto 1613 3%284 4 (Large).jpg
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

tongueriver wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:14 pm I don't have that one but I do have this one, courtesy of Eric and a few $$.
1613 catalog cut001.jpgmark opened (Large).jpgSchrade Cut Co Auto 1613 3%284 4 (Large).jpg
In a general sense, I would say that one counts, because I would be proud to own that beautiful hunting knife. ::nod:: ::tu::
St. John Chapter 1
BFORSE

Post by BFORSE »

382E9799-ECD4-433F-8A38-679E46D9C5CB.jpeg
St. John Chapter 1
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Great knife and pretty good sharpening stone. :D
1967redrider
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by 1967redrider »

I have some Schrade switches, but nothing like these Grail knives. ::tu:: ::tu:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my:: ::oh_my::
Pocket, fixed, machete, axe, it's all good!

You're going to look awfully silly with that knife sticking out of your @#$. -Clint Eastwood, High Plains Drifter

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”