885UH Production Numbers

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
black mamba

885UH Production Numbers

Post by black mamba »

Does anyone have production numbers for the 885UH King Ranch or Senior Ranch stockman?

They were first made in 1970 during the Walden era, and continued all the way up to 2004 when Schrade USA closed. All the Walden stamped knives had serial numbers, which ran up into the 90000 range over roughly a three year period, so that would be about 30,000 knives per year. But I'm sure that they produced more each year as time went on and the knives became more widely distributed and more popular. Even rough estimates based on some evidence would be helpful. Did they make as many as 100,000 a year at any point?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Meridian_Mike

Re: 885UH Production Numbers

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Man.... I wouldn't know where to start looking for info like that.
Maybe some of the Schrade hard-core guys would know of a source for production numbers.
Good luck!
::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
black mamba

Re: 885UH Production Numbers

Post by black mamba »

Thanks, Mike, I need some luck!

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”