COUSINS

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
jxr1197

COUSINS

Post by jxr1197 »

Most of the cross-branded patterns in the Schrade family are well known and abundant in the marketplace, but this pair here is really quite rare. I found a Shapleigh version of the Schrade 917. I didn't know the DE410 existed so I haven't been looking for one - I have no idea if it's a rare knife but the 917 is ridiculously rare. I've only seen four 917s. As much as I love peach seed, I gotta say this one's looking better to me dressed in Fibestos. Here ya go:
springs.jpg
back.jpg
top.jpg
inside.jpg
open1.jpg
open2.jpg
tangs.jpg
- Jason
Greenman

Re: COUSINS

Post by Greenman »

jxr1197 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:30 pm Most of the cross-branded patterns in the Schrade family are well known and abundant in the marketplace, but this pair here is really quite rare. I found a Shapleigh version of the Schrade 917. I didn't know the DE410 existed so I haven't been looking for one - I have no idea if it's a rare knife but the 917 is ridiculously rare. I've only seen four 917s. As much as I love peach seed, I gotta say this one's looking better to me dressed in Fibestos. Here ya go:
springs.jpg
back.jpg
top.jpg
inside.jpg
open1.jpg
open2.jpg
tangs.jpg
I’m with you, the Fibestos covers are much more attractive. Your knife is in amazingly good condition. Every red fibre handled Ka-Bar scout/utility pattern that I’ve ever owned has had badly cracked and/or warped handle covers.
Josh

/|\

“Man is the most insane species. He worships an invisible god and destroys a visible nature, unaware that this nature he's destroying is this god he's worshipping.”
— Hubert Reeves
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Quote: "badly cracked and/or warped handle covers"
Same here including with vintage German knives.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

kootenay joe wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:06 am Quote: "badly cracked and/or warped handle covers"
Same here including with vintage German knives.
kj
Just for fun, here is one with perfect celluloid handles that is one hundred to one hundred sixteen years old.
2014X001.jpg
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

tongueriver wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:35 am Just for fun, here is one with perfect celluloid handles that is one hundred to one hundred sixteen years old.
WOW..... Cal..... that is a really nice knife to be that old.
ESPECIALLY having cell handles!
That is a real gem!!

::tu:: ::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”