SCHRADE 152OTX

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
jxr1197

SCHRADE 152OTX

Post by jxr1197 »

The 152OTX was never actually in production. It was a new spin on the sharpfinger that was pitched to Walmart towards the end but they passed on it. I had this one built and it just arrived today. After Schrade closed United came out with a nearly identical pattern which can be found under a couple of different brands. This knife started out as a generic late model 152. It's had lots of custom metal work done to it and new Delrin handles made from scratch. The XTimer shield was donated by a 24OTX, the small folder that Walmart said yes to when the rejected this knife.
152OTXa.jpg
- Jason
Chase
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: SCHRADE 152OTX

Post by Chase »

Too bad it didn't get into the production line, I think it is a great looking knife and obviously one of the best skinning knives ever made!

Of course I am partial to all things Schrade..LOL

Thank you for posting that!

Tom
orvet
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by orvet »

jxr1197 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 pm The 152OTX was never actually in production. It was a new spin on the sharpfinger that was pitched to Walmart towards the end but they passed on it. I had this one built and it just arrived today. After Schrade closed United came out with a nearly identical pattern which can be found under a couple of different brands. This knife started out as a generic late model 152. It's had lots of custom metal work done to it and new Delrin handles made from scratch. The XTimer shield was donated by a 24OTX, the small folder that Walmart said yes to when the rejected this knife.
152OTXa.jpg

Jason, did you find a ground blank or did you have some one grind it?
I have a hardened but ungrounded blank I would like to get ground so I can finish it.
Dale
AAPK Administrator

Please visit my AAPK store: www.allaboutpocketknives.com/orvet

Job 13:15

"Buy more ammo!" - Johnnie Fain
“Evil is Powerless If The Good are Unafraid.” – Ronald Reagan
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Chase wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:27 pmOf course I am partial to all things Schrade..LOL
I am starting to notice that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

orvet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:58 pm Jason, did you find a ground blank or did you have some one grind it?
I have a hardened but ungrounded blank I would like to get ground so I can finish it.
I bought a generic late model 152 off ebay for this project but the fella who built this knife has ground other blades for me. I'll message the details to you.
- Jason
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Since posting the knife a few weeks ago I have learned that there was a prototype built and the owner of that knife was nice enough to share some pics of it. Here they are side by side - likely the only prototype and only clone to be found anywhere.
OTXs.jpg
- Jason

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”