Y'all have any Schrade I*XL Wostenholm knives ????

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
kootenay joe

Re: Y'all have any Schrade I*XL Wostenholm knives ????

Post by kootenay joe »

"Made by Camillus" is a quote from Phil Gibbs posted about 10 years ago in BladeForums. As Phil was 'production manager' ? in Camillus for a great many years he is the person whose statements are accurate.
kj
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:33 pm "Made by Camillus" is a quote from Phil Gibbs posted about 10 years ago in BladeForums. As Phil was 'production manager' ? in Camillus for a great many years he is the person whose statements are accurate.
kj
Yes, he said it in error. Read the entire thread linked in my previous post.
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

Do any of the Schrade-IXL knives match a Schrade pattern ? I think not but they do match Camillus patterns.
kj
bladecollectorr

Post by bladecollectorr »

kootenay joe wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:40 pm Do any of the Schrade-IXL knives match a Schrade pattern ? I think not but they do match Camillus patterns.
kj
No, none match a Schrade pattern. The lockbacks are a match to Camillus patterns. The other Schrade I*XL knives match Wostenholm patterns.
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

VERY good info and some beautiful knives shown so far!
Let's see some more!

::tu::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
black mamba

Post by black mamba »

I have the same model as yours, Mike, but unused. They're very nice stockmen!
SchradeIXLpackage.jpg
KAW

Post by KAW »

Just stumbled across this thread which is timely as I finally acquired last month "Herald's of the Sea" set I been on the hunt for a while now. Figure better take some photos now before getting packed with the rest of the collection for the big move from NY to VA soon.
This set not only has the wood display box, but came in its original packaging box as well.
12126 12125 12124
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)
KAW

Post by KAW »

My first Schrade I*XL Wostenholm knife is this canoe I picked a little over four years ago...

Then came the BS60 & BS20 from the Lehigh Valley Knife Show, Easton, Pa... oh how I miss those shows...

This Limited Edition Stockman turned out to be more special than I knew when I first acquired it.
Purchased from late Richard Lanigan, it has a Serial № of "WG001" which turns out to be a presentation piece given to Walter Gardiner,
who just a few years later became president of the company.
11215 11214
'til later....
Ken

10031 means.... never having a dull moment. 8)
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I also got one of those jumbo stockman knives from Richard Lanigan; mine was stamped 0000.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

tongueriver wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:16 pm I also got one of those jumbo stockman knives from Richard Lanigan; mine was stamped 0000.
I wonder what "0000" indicates ?
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Michael Little (Codger) has suggested (strongly) that the first few (say a dozen?) numbers indicated salesman samples.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”