A COMPLETED SCHRADE XT4

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
jxr1197

A COMPLETED SCHRADE XT4

Post by jxr1197 »

It feels like it took forever but it's finally done. This is a finished XT4 which was a 2004 catalog knife that never made it to production. I got the blank and was able to also get my hands on one side of the handle, a sheath and some other neat stuff. I didn't do any of the work on this knife - I left that to the pros. It's an interesting piece of the puzzle. There will be a little write up on it in the Jan 2021 issue of Knife Magazine.
1a.jpg
- Jason
bladecollectorr

Re: A COMPLETED SCHRADE XT4

Post by bladecollectorr »

I remember when you posted the blanks and stamp etc. These custom-type projects are fun. I'm glad you saw your (Schrade's) vision come to life.

The work appears to be very well done. I would have called it a factory knife if I didn't know it's history. ::tu::
I don't always respond to great posts but I always appreciate seeing them. Thanks for posting! ::tu::
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

bladecollectorr wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:50 pm I remember when you posted the blanks and stamp etc. These custom-type projects are fun. I'm glad you saw your (Schrade's) vision come to life.

The work appears to be very well done. I would have called it a factory knife if I didn't know it's history. ::tu::

Thanks ::tu:: - as near as I can tell this is exactly what it would have looked like if the factory shipped it.
- Jason
RevolverGuy

Post by RevolverGuy »

What a cool fixed blade Schrade. Sort of ahead of it's time. Looks like something you'd see released nowadays.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

RevolverGuy wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:16 pmWhat a cool fixed blade Schrade.
- Jason

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”