Schrade/Richard Rodgers collaboration

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Montanaman

Schrade/Richard Rodgers collaboration

Post by Montanaman »

Hello, does anyone know when these SR-01 were produced and a MSRP? I did use the search function and came up with nothing. If I had to guess they were made in the late 90's or 2000? Thanks for any info.

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1020435/
tongueriver

Re: Schrade/Richard Rodgers collaboration

Post by tongueriver »

Somebody else will come along with good info, I am sure. I know that various iterations of these knives were sold, including fixed blade sets and some with less fancy covers (no shields or plain shields, etc.).
cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

All I can say personally is that I see the blades sold as blanks basically everywhere Schrade parts are sold. Some had it the blades listed as "Blade Changer" blanks.

I honestly would like to know more about these too.
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

tongueriver wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:07 pm Looks like 2002.
http://www.collectors-of-schrades-r.us/ ... ndex_2.htm
rogers.jpg
Very cool, thanks. I was thinking they would be made in a premium steel.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The dealer's price of $405 is high. If auctioned on ebay i doubt it would go over $200. It is not a popular knife.
kj
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:30 pm The dealer's price of $405 is high. If auctioned on ebay i doubt it would go over $200. It is not a popular knife.
kj
Thanks Roland, I thought it was high, but it does look to be very well made.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

I'm sure it is very well made but 8 years of Schrade forum in BF showed that very few Schrade collectors were interested in acquiring this knife.
Hence the rather low value. $200 might be too high ?
kj
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

kootenay joe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:34 pm I'm sure it is very well made but 8 years of Schrade forum in BF showed that very few Schrade collectors were interested in acquiring this knife.
Hence the rather low value. $200 might be too high ?
kj
That surprises me a bit, I know Richard and have some of his knives. If this set shown was $200, I would have bought it instantly.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

My understanding is that Richard Rogers designed this knife and then blades & handles were made in Schrade factory by Schrade cutlers.
kj
Montanaman

Post by Montanaman »

kootenay joe wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:59 am My understanding is that Richard Rogers designed this knife and then blades & handles were made in Schrade factory by Schrade cutlers.
kj
That is my understanding also, I have seen Richards bench made version of it. Richard used to make more slip joints and traditional folders, and has expanded to more modern folder, all are very well executed. How about MSRP, my guess would be $120 or so?

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”