Schrade Theatre

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
jxr1197

Re: Schrade Theatre

Post by jxr1197 »

Using his valuation method I've determined my pile o' knives is currently worth 3.7 million dollars...but I'll take 3.5 if it's cash.
- Jason
Jeffinn
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Jeffinn »

jxr1197 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:36 pm Using his valuation method I've determined my pile o' knives is currently worth 3.7 million dollars...but I'll take 3.5 if it's cash.
But have your knives "skinned 100’s of Grizzly, Moose, wolves and every Alaskan Critter you can think of" ?
That's where the value is! ::facepalm::
Jeff
Hey … it’s a pocketknife for gosh sakes. I’m not selling the Mona Lisa….Bullitt4001
https://www.jfinamoreknives.com
http://www.secondlifeknives.com
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

I think he's looking to 'skin' one more.
jxr1197

Post by jxr1197 »

Jeffinn wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:07 pm But have your knives "skinned 100’s of Grizzly, Moose, wolves and every Alaskan Critter you can think of" ?
That's where the value is! ::facepalm::

Jeff

No. But, they have slayed thousands of cardboard boxes, blister packs and envelopes. Conquered the heartiest of cordage and zip ties and they’ve even put in long hours strutting their stuff in front of the camera. Basically we’re talking about some real ‘renaissance knives’ that can bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan. What’s a few hundred grizzlies compared to that? I think I just talked myself up to 3.8 million!
- Jason
XX Case XX

Post by XX Case XX »

jxr1197 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:34 pm No. But, they have slayed thousands of cardboard boxes, blister packs and envelopes.
::rotflol:: ::rotflol:: ::rotflol::

I work hard so my Dog can have a better life...
LRV

Post by LRV »

::dang::
“A knife in a man’s hand is as precious as a diamond necklace on a woman’s neck” - Michael Mirando I.S.C.
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

The seller claims about 800-850 were made with the LL Bean shield. Where would this information be found ? As far as i know Schrade did not provide numbers for size of SFO runs.
I think her Alaskan Trapper story is 100% fantasy. I'm sure Alaska has hunting regulations that limit the number of grizzlies that can be harvested in any one year. It is not a 'shoot 'em up free for all' as seller suggests.
Surely no one is stupid enough to pay more than about $30 for this knife ?
If the blade was not tipped i would send seller an offer of $25 which is a realistic price.
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

"If the blade was not tipped i would send seller an offer of $25 which is a realistic price."
There were so many of these Sharpfingers made that they would stretch to the moon and back. You can sometimes find a mint one for $25. This one isn't worth the postage.
edge213
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by edge213 »

tongueriver wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:00 pm "If the blade was not tipped i would send seller an offer of $25 which is a realistic price."
There were so many of these Sharpfingers made that they would stretch to the moon and back. You can sometimes find a mint one for $25. This one isn't worth the postage.
I agree, I don't think I've ever paid over $20 for a sharpfinger.
I might give two dollars for this one.
David
"Glowing like the metal on the edge of a knife" Meat Loaf
kootenay joe

Post by kootenay joe »

tongueriver wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:00 pm "If the blade was not tipped i would send seller an offer of $25 which is a realistic price."
AHHH, but the seller's Sharp Finger has an L.L.Bean shield ! ::woot:: and it is solid platinum, all the way through !
Anyone know how many were made with LLBean shield ?
kj

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”