Schrade with no model number on tang.

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Schrade with no model number on tang.

Post by Sasquach »

This knife is has a tang stamp the simply says Schrade + USA with no model number. It is the same size and shape as the 94OT and has ivory Delrin scales. No scrimshaw on either side. I would like to get any info I can on it, dating, model number, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ::tu::
Attachments
Schrade Ivory Delrin Trapper.JPG
A GOOD KNIFE IS LIKE A GOOD FRIEND, IT'LL NEVER LET YOU DOWN.

“Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway.”
~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
cody6268

Re: Schrade with no model number on tang.

Post by cody6268 »

My opinion when I see these is that they were probably sold for "Your Name Here" type items; that promotional companies would buy, and then offer to print/engrave things on them, usually company logos/advertising. I had an SC505 that had mini-catalogs for two years (it's in an SC-506 Barlow box, and the original owner must have had a mix-up over the years) inside it, and neither lists anything like a 94OT in them. But I know one exists.

I did some searching, and it brought me to an old, ended store listing here. One with a Gator on it was listed as being a 584SC.

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... ed-edition
Shearer
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Shearer »

I only have one trapper scrimshaw. It has the tang stamp with the numbers 296Y.
I have not seen many trapper scrimshaws
Here one on ebay with your tang stamp
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164707295998?h ... SwPlFgLAnS
Grant
Attachments
D6311FD5-8F5E-4224-BB2F-D6A3911D3150.jpeg
94739793-968A-4EA4-A551-953957AD0FA3.jpeg
Politicians should be like a good pocket knife ." Sharp and useful "
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

Thanks for the info gentlemen. I had thought that it might have been made as part of the scrimshaw series but never got scrimshawed. ::shrug::

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

Sasquach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:58 pm This knife is has a tang stamp the simply says Schrade + USA with no model number. It is the same size and shape as the 94OT and has ivory Delrin scales. No scrimshaw on either side. I would like to get any info I can on it, dating, model number, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ::tu::
Actually has "LTD" in the stamp , so that was a limited run .
I've got two large stockman on the same frame as the 8ot . Both have plain white Delrin with no shield . One is stamped 505SC which is supposed to be scrimshawed and isn't and the other is stamped 881 which was an open stock Schrade , but those were usually a brown jigged Delrin with a national shield while they also made them in yellow Delrin with the national shield some of them stamped 881Y and others just plain 881 . In either case , I've got a scrimshaw with no scrimshaw and an 881 without the shield and in white Delrin . (881W) ? No shield . Who knows what's was going on there ?
Sasquach
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Sasquach »

RancherinAz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:55 am
Sasquach wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:58 pm This knife is has a tang stamp the simply says Schrade + USA with no model number. It is the same size and shape as the 94OT and has ivory Delrin scales. No scrimshaw on either side. I would like to get any info I can on it, dating, model number, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ::tu::
I've got two large stockman on the same frame as the 8ot . Both have plain white Delrin with no shield . One is stamped 505SC which is supposed to be scrimshawed and isn't and the other is stamped 881 which was an open stock Schrade , but those were usually a brown jigged Delrin with a national shield while they also made them in yellow Delrin with the national shield some of them stamped 881Y and others just plain 881 . In either case , I've got a scrimshaw with no scrimshaw and an 881 without the shield and in white Delrin . (881W) ? No shield . Who knows what's was going on there ?
So I'm guessing that, as far as dating, these knives with the ambiguous tang stamps were made in the last few years before their doors closed?

~ John Wayne ~

Charlie (Squach)
RancherinAz

Post by RancherinAz »

Sasquach wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:45 pm
RancherinAz wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:55 am
So I'm guessing that, as far as dating, these knives with the ambiguous tang stamps were made in the last few years before their doors closed?
Yep . Most likely end of days knives .

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”