Help identify a Schrade Easy Open Jack?

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
knifeaholic
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Help identify a Schrade Easy Open Jack?

Post by knifeaholic »

I have looked in the old catalog pages but cannot find this one. Unusual single blade 3-5/8" EO jack, stainless steel on back tang.

Anyone have any info?
Attachments
s1.JPG
s2.JPG
Steve Pfeiffer, author of Collecting Case Knives: Identification and Price Guide published by Krause Publications.
jxr1197

Re: Help identify a Schrade Easy Open Jack?

Post by jxr1197 »

I don't think I've seen one of those in the catalogs, but it would be a SS1021. Neat knife ::tu::

Edit to add that would be the pattern number if it was a Cut Co. I see it's a Walden so that's no help - sorry.
- Jason
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

Hmmmmmm......

Do you think it is a mod?

::shrug::
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
glennbad
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by glennbad »

Hmm, that's an odd one. The only Walden Stainless blades I recall seeing are the ones in the 905 and 906 pattern utility knives, but those have different nail nick type and location. Also, most of the Walden era knives have a pattern number on the back of the main blade. Most, but not all. It's possible it was an SFO, but it would be rather plain for an SFO. No shield...

That being said, it "looks" Schrade, although I think the EO notch has been added.

As we have already said many times, ANYTHING is possible with Schrade.
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Looks a lot like a blade out of a 'scout' type knife.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”