I found an interesting old Schrade

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
Meridian_Mike

I found an interesting old Schrade

Post by Meridian_Mike »

I saw this "combo" knife when it was first listed and thought it was interesting.

It is a 125OT / 227UH combo knife...... LOL
A 125OT handle with the 227UH blade.

I am pretty sure I have a shield I can put in that blank spot to make it whole again.

The interesting thing to me is the age of the knife (Schrade - Walden tang stamp) AND that the tang stamp was "crossed out" by the "OO". (A reject?...LOL)

Do y'all think this knife was assembled at the factory?

Sellers pics....

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
Anyway...
I thought it was interesting!

:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne
kootenay joe

Re: I found an interesting old Schrade

Post by kootenay joe »

The "00" is the correct marking for a second but it is an odd knife. The handles look like they might be bone ??
Perhaps the wrong blade was installed in the Schrade-Walden factory and then marked as a second because handle and blade are not a match ?
kj
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Covers are sunburned Delrin. Never solve all the mysteries there but there could be a good story or two if that old gal could talk. Somebody got some use out of her. Maybe someone else we know will get some more?
Meridian_Mike

Post by Meridian_Mike »

One thing I noticed about the blade is the swedge almost cuts into the nail nick.
That might be the reason for marking the blade as a second. ::shrug::

Yep, I bet it did get some use. That might be why the shield fell out.

Maybe this knife was cobbled together by a Schrade employee for their own use.... It is just fun to think of the possibilities!

Yep, and I sure hope I can get some more use out of this old girl.

:D
"Life is tough.... but it's tougher if you're stupid."....John Wayne

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”