Older Schrade one blade barlow knife

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
raincrowe

Older Schrade one blade barlow knife

Post by raincrowe »

I found a neat knife at the flea market this weekend ....the knife is Schrade grand-daddy barlow the knife is five inches long
it has beautiful sawed bone handles and both bolsters are stamped SCHRADE...
the blade is stamped SCHRADE CUT. CO WALDEN NY. (1904-1946) nothing on the backside
I was looking on the internet and couldn't find the knife in the grand-daddy size with the stamped bolsters
but found several in the small two bladed style...
Just wondering if this knife is rare?....the knife has a small chip missing on the backside other than that the knife is excellent for it's condition
this chip doesn't affect the handle .....knife is really nice for a one this old
I would like more information on this knife all input welcome ::tu:: ::tu::
Attachments
IMG_1517 (3).JPG
IMG_1518 (2).JPG
IMG_1519 (2).JPG
IMG_1520 (2).JPG
tongueriver

Re: Older Schrade one blade barlow knife

Post by tongueriver »

page 91 of the 1934 supplementary pages to Catalog E.
pg 91 catalog cut001.jpg
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Thanks for the info!!
rea1eye

Post by rea1eye »

Nice knife. I particularly like the bolsters.

Bob
raincrowe

Post by raincrowe »

Yeah thanks it's very nice but I haven't found one on the internet that looks like it...what do you think the value might range?

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”