Knife Identification Search SC507

Schrade Cutlery Company was founded in 1904 by George Schrade, and his brothers Jacob and William Schrade. In 1946 Imperial Knife Associated Companies, (IKAC; an association of Ulster Knife Co and Imperial Knife Co) purchased controlling interest in Schrade Cut Co and changed the name to Schrade Walden Cutlery. In 1973 the name was changed to Schrade Cutlery. In 2004 Schrade closed due to bankruptcy.

This forum is dedicated to the knives that are the legacy of this company. This forum is not the place to discuss the replica knives currently being imported using the Schrade name.
RPS117

Knife Identification Search SC507

Post by RPS117 »

I have a Limited Edition SC507 that is serial number 1037. I have no box or paperwork to know anything about its origin.

The image is of a man leaning over working on a car engine. It also has a sign on the wall saying “LUBE AND OIL $3.50”. There is an old gas pump with a star on the globe.

Would you be able to provide any information as to when it was produced and for whom? I have been looking on the internet with no success.

Thank you very much
TripleF
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Re: Knife Identification Search SC507

Post by TripleF »

RPS117 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 2:07 pm I have a Limited Edition SC507 that is serial number 1037. I have no box or paperwork to know anything about its origin.

The image is of a man leaning over working on a car engine. It also has a sign on the wall saying “LUBE AND OIL $3.50”. There is an old gas pump with a star on the globe.

Would you be able to provide any information as to when it was produced and for whom? I have been looking on the internet with no success.

Thank you very much
Without a photo I would say a Schrade USA Scrimshaw knife.
You could easily confirm by conducting a search on ebay, for active and sold listings.
And the 1037 is a number of a total produced for example: 1037 of 1500.
SCOTT
HOME OF THE BRAVE! (not the scarety cats)

Colonial Knife Company History ebook:
https://gumroad.com/l/ZLDb
RPS117

Post by RPS117 »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did just find something on this forum from a few years ago.

This is what was written back then:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
ea42 wrote:
That knife was done for TEDA (Tool & Equipment Distributors Associates) in 1990, it's one of a three knife series started on 1989, each one featuring a mechanic working on a car. There were approximately 1100 knives made in each set. Nice example!

Eric
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Have a great day.
jerryd6818
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by jerryd6818 »

Welcome to AAPK. Glad to have you aboard. Glad to see that Erick could help you out so quickly.
Forged on the anvil of discipline.
The Few. The Proud.
Jerry D.

This country has become more about sub-groups than about it's unity as a nation.

"The #72 pattern has got to be pretty close to the perfect knife."
--T.J. Murphy 2012
tongueriver

Post by tongueriver »

Yep; Eric knows stuff! 8) Those 'scrimshaws' were made by a 'hot stamp' process.

Return to “Schrade Legacy Forum”