Schlieper Knife with Rare Stamp

Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Schlieper Knife with Rare Stamp

Post by Paladin »

I surely agree on the Ball & Claw daggers and such. I really wish you the best on your quest and keep us posted.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
RWB

Post by RWB »

One of the things I've learned about the "Korium" name is that on some of the daggers it is trademarked, ie. an R in a circle follows the "Korium" stamp. This is on those stamped as the solingen steel, made in Germany versions of the "novelty" dagger. There must be a relationship between the pocket knives and the daggers that are marked "KORIUM". I'm not a collector of rare and unusual pocket knives so much as I'm interested in the maker, quality of the steel and heat treat of the daggers. Hopefully new info will turn up. Where did "KORIUM" originate?? That is the question I would like to answer.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Guys,
I ran across another folding knife with the KORIUM stamp while perusing the Bay this morning. I have no new information about the stamp but I still consider this to be an unusual and desirable stamp.
Here is a link to the listing, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Korium-Carl-Sc ... Swu2tcjr8E .

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Paladin wrote:Guys,
I ran across another folding knife with the KORIUM stamp while perusing the Bay this morning. I have no new information about the stamp but I still consider this to be an unusual and desirable stamp.
Here is a link to the listing, https://www.ebay.com/itm/Korium-Carl-Sc ... Swu2tcjr8E .

Ray
Before its pictures disappear from eBay, here’s the knife. It sold for $57.

Ken
Attachments
6FAB4215-86DC-4352-9D6F-C6E5CB693584.jpeg
6FAB4215-86DC-4352-9D6F-C6E5CB693584.jpeg (25 KiB) Viewed 11036 times
BA411911-1CAA-4AE2-AF3A-BF3AD782C01D.jpeg
BA411911-1CAA-4AE2-AF3A-BF3AD782C01D.jpeg (27.13 KiB) Viewed 11036 times
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/
OLD BOB

Post by OLD BOB »

I just found the forum today. I was reading about the eye brand knives and have a question. I found in my gun safe an old eye brand (new, never used with sheath) that I had forgotten about. It has a stag handle, one blade, lock back with gold engraving on the blade of a deer scene. The other side is engraved, Carl Schueper Solingen Germany. There is a gold eye brand to the left of the name. There is another eye at the base of the blade on the left side.The blade is marked stainless and the bolsters are nickel.
I can not find any info about this brand on the internet. Does anyone have clue about the knife?
Thanks, Robert
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

OLD BOB wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:14 pm I just found the forum today. I was reading about the eye brand knives and have a question. I found in my gun safe an old eye brand (new, never used with sheath) that I had forgotten about. It has a stag handle, one blade, lock back with gold engraving on the blade of a deer scene. The other side is engraved, Carl Schueper Solingen Germany. There is a gold eye brand to the left of the name. There is another eye at the base of the blade on the left side.The blade is marked stainless and the bolsters are nickel.
I can not find any info about this brand on the internet. Does anyone have clue about the knife?
Thanks, Robert
Bob,
First off, ::welcome:: to AAPK. We really like photos here and even tho your knife sounds like one we will be familiar with, it will be better if you post a photo or two or three. We'll need to get a look at the tang stamp as well as the nice etch.
Thanks for joining in and I hope you will stick around.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by EyeBJoe »

What Paladin said !!!!!!! ::welcome:: Let us know if you have a problem posting pictures.

EyeBJoe

Joe D.
OLD BOB

Post by OLD BOB »

thanks for the welcome. I am not really a knife but have several that I got years ago
DSCF3132.JPG
DSCF3133.JPG
DSCF3130.JPG
DSCF3132.JPG
DSCF3133.JPG
DSCF3135.JPG
DSCF3140.JPG
DSCF3141.JPG
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

OLD BOB wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:16 pm thanks for the welcome. I am not really a knife but have several that I got years agoDSCF3132.JPGDSCF3133.JPGDSCF3130.JPGDSCF3132.JPGDSCF3133.JPGDSCF3135.JPGDSCF3140.JPGDSCF3141.JPG.
Bob,
That stamp was used twice with yours coming from the 1950s to the early 1970s. I am not sure exactly when the gold or colored etch came into use but I would not be surprised to learn it was in the latter part of that 20 year period. It is a very nice knife and appears to be in excellent condition.
You can check on eBay under Advanced Search and check off Sold Listings for Schlieper knives to see how much, if any, have sold for recently. I SUSPECT you'll find prices in the $150-$175 range but just a guess. I keyed it all up on eBay and there were 342 Schlieper knives that came up in the search and I didn't want to deprive you of the fun of checking them out.
Paladin

God Bless the USA
OLD BOB

Post by OLD BOB »

Thank you for the help. I had mis-read the small print on the blade and that is likely why I did not get a good result on my search. The knife has never been used but I am surprised at the amount of handling marks that I now see. It has not been out of my gun save more than 4 or 5 times in the last 40 plus years. I won it as first prize in a bass tournament in the early 1970s. I thought that it was too pretty to use and just put it away. I am still carrying my old Gerber folding hunter from 1972 every hunting season. It holds an edge as well as any knife that I have used. I quit carrying my old Marbles fixed blade hunting knife after I bought the Gerber. I had two of the Marbles from the early 1950s and gave one to my son last year. I did not realize the value of the old knives until I got on the forum. I still have several Case, Buck, and Schrade-Walden pocket knives. Some have advertising and never used but most I carried at some time. I still have my boy scout knife from 1951 when I was in the 2nd grade. I guess that I am just clingy and keep every thing. I think that I even have most of the boxes that the knives came in.
If I am ever in the Austin area I would like to stop by and visit.
Thanks,Robert
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Bob,
You would be welcome to stop in for a visit here. I would enjoy that. Where do you live? You can put that on your profile you know.
Our knife histories are quite similar. While hunting, I carried a Randall and a Remington Bullet knife for many years. I finally figured out that they were too valuable to carry into the field and I bought a Gerber Magnum folding hunter and used it and an Eye Brand sodbuster for 40 or more years. I don't know how I was able to buy a Randall back then. I was in High school or early college when I bought it and as I recall the cost was $32.50 or so.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
OLD BOB

Post by OLD BOB »

I am out here in west Texas, Odessa. Ugly place but I have made a good living here most of my life.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Robert
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

OLD BOB wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:43 pm I am out here in west Texas, Odessa. Ugly place but I have made a good living here most of my life.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Robert
My first stop in the business world was Midland. We enjoyed our time there and still have friends we made while we were there.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
doglegg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by doglegg »

OLD BOB wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:43 pm I am out here in west Texas, Odessa. Ugly place but I have made a good living here most of my life.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Robert
Stand flatter, see further and see less than any place in the whole world. But I kinda like it. No shortage of rattlesnakes. Welcome and thanks for sharing the knife pics. Desirable knife. ::nod:: ::nod:: ::tu:: ::tu:: ::handshake::
Redrachel

Post by Redrachel »

Does anyone know if this is a carl schlepper?
Attachments
IMG_20210219_095345.jpg
IMG_20210219_095338.jpg
IMG_20210219_095321.jpg
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Post by EyeBJoe »

Interesting tang stamp. I don’t believe it is a Schlieper knife, and I can’t specifically identify a similar stamp in my German cutlery reference books. The closest I came was “Anton Schweyer” but it’s not a match. Need input from some of the other Schlieper enthusiasts.

Joe D.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

I'm with Joe on this. Not a Schlieper and stamp looks like SCH/EYER. Not one I am familiar with. Interesting the way the stamp is done.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Redrachel

Post by Redrachel »

Thanks I looked and couldnt find one either. It's in with my Dads old knives so I was just trying to figure it out. The other ones have only USA stamp
Bigtkidd09

Post by Bigtkidd09 »

I have one of the korium knives dead mint!! Any idea of value? I’m looking to possibly part with it!!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Not sure what those are selling for right now. Is yours the 3½ inch pattern?
Also, to engage in selling, you will need to pay a premium amount to AAPK. That goes to keep the site up and running.
Someone should come along who can tell you about what these are selling for. Did you look on eBay under Advanced search with closed files checked?

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

I really enjoy looking at these older Carl Schlieper pieces, I don’t know if it’s considered rare or not and I know it’s nowhere near as old as these on this page but I have this Jim Bowie Stockman 72-75. If not allowed on this page I understand.
Attachments
E185C0DF-C1E0-4D2A-BEC1-0231704142A7.jpeg
F7757D41-A981-49E5-976C-7F7BB6A173A4.jpeg
59C0AA16-AE46-4541-9E72-45A32F08D6D8.jpeg
A26EF3D7-F76C-4B1B-AA7F-E2F96838BB4B.jpeg
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Thank you for posting and you are always welcome to post here.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:19 pm Thank you for posting and you are always welcome to post here.

Ray
Thank you very much Paladin, I try and post knives that related only to certain topics. I have a Carl Schlieper Solingen Germany c.1950-65 office knife and straight razor as well.
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier

Post by Paladin »

Good stuff that I love!

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Clark23

Post by Clark23 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:10 pm Good stuff that I love!

Ray
I’d surely post up of those shortly, I love too the Carl Schlieper line of knives really catch my eye and would like to add more to the collection eventually.

Return to “German Eye”