Switchblade Eye?

A place to discuss & share pictures of knives made in Europe.
JMH60

Switchblade Eye?

Post by JMH60 »

Screenshot_2018-03-29-06-02-28.png
Her guys, has anyone ever seen or heard of an Eye Brand switchblade? I just saw a picture of one, said it was made by Frank Beltrame in Italy under contract for Eye Brand. It's a definite SB and I can see the Eye Brand logo and usual blade script on the blade. I've never seen one before. Is this for real!? If so, would it be classified as a Frank Beltrame or an Eye Brand? Or would it be a hybrid kind of an oddity? Any information or input from anyone knowledgeable would be appreciated. Thanks!
Screenshot_2018-03-29-06-02-28.png
Attachments
Screenshot_2018-03-29-06-03-13.png
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Switchblade Eye?

Post by Paladin »

I have seen a couple of those on the bay recently. They were the first of the Italian-type switchblades I have seen with Schlieper's name on them. I have owned a few of the German-style Eye Brand switchblades over the years and they were older knives. I suspect the Italian-style knives are newer but that is just a guess.
Maybe Joe Dobbs will check in with some additional info on this. :)

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Switchblade Eye?

Post by EyeBJoe »

I must be falling behind in keeping up with Eye Brand and Carl Schlieper. This is the first of these switchblades that I have seen with an Eye Brand logo. I agree with Ray that it is probably a more current knife. All my past research and looking for collectible Eye Brands never revealed a switchblade like this one. Curious as to whether Olbertz is involved in producing these or has someone Shanghai'd the Eye Brand logo. ::shrug::

Joe D.

Return to “European-made knives”