Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

For Collectors & Users of German Eye Knives.
User avatar
bronze4u
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 am
Location: Tiburon
Contact:

Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby bronze4u » Thu May 24, 2018 11:54 pm

Hello guys! So I am hunting one of these guys if anyone knows where I can score one?

Sorry for the cropped pic

Thanks

Kirk

GERMAN EYE RING TURN.jpg
GERMAN EYE RING TURN.jpg (37.66 KiB) Viewed 2072 times
"I am looking for more "Ring-Turn" knives for trade, or purchase." Message me if you like

User avatar
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby EyeBJoe » Wed May 30, 2018 3:01 am

Very interesting Eye Brand knife, Mr. bronze4u. My guess is it is a fairly rare pattern. I found it in a 1950 Eye Brand catalog copy I have, without the engraving. My guess is anyone ordering the knife in quantity could have their choice of engraving. I also found it in a 1953 catalog with “imitation pearl (celluloid) scales”. Good luck in finding another one. It would be a keeper for sure.
7B92D446-105F-4498-9076-CC161441ADD2.jpeg
Eye Brand Ring Knife

User avatar
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby EyeBJoe » Thu May 31, 2018 3:53 am

Sorry, guys, I guess I digress a little once again. While looking at the old Eye Brand catalog page for the ring knife example, I noticed the second knife from the bottom No. S 2601/130. Described as “Special knives for mule drivers”. Immediately eliminated me, even though the only mule that I can remember that I would have loved to drive hard was my 8th grade math teacher. ::facepalm:: Would like to hear from some of you mule drivers out there. Could you have used that knife? Would love to have that one in the collection.

Joe D.

User avatar
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 8615
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:20 am
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby Paladin » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am

EyeBJoe wrote:Sorry, guys, I guess I digress a little once again. While looking at the old Eye Brand catalog page for the ring knife example, I noticed the second knife from the bottom No. S 2601/130. Described as “Special knives for mule drivers”. Immediately eliminated me, even though the only mule that I can remember that I would have loved to drive hard was my 8th grade math teacher. ::facepalm:: Would like to hear from some of you mule drivers out there. Could you have used that knife? Would love to have that one in the collection.

Joe D.

I think I would recognize my 3rd grade teacher here. I am a south-paw and while she was teaching us to write in cursive, I could not help but turn my hand sort of upside down. She used to come by and rap my knuckles with a wood paddle,, the kind that originally had a long rubber band and a ball on the end. I'm not sure but I think I recall that her eyes rolled up in the sockets when she did that. I believe she was having an orgasim as she swung away with that weapon,, at least I feel sure she was enjoying it. Mrs. O'loughlin was her name.
Joe,
I am pretty sure I have one of that pattern tucked away in my safe somewhere. It is a rare prize, at least to me. I'll see if I can find a photo.

Ray
Attachments
Eye Brand Jack, Muleteer Knife, 280075033967 .JPG
Eye Brand Jack, Muleteer Knife, 280075033967 .JPG (39.83 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

User avatar
EyeBJoe
Gold Tier
Gold Tier
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:42 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby EyeBJoe » Thu May 31, 2018 1:47 pm

Ray, what a tremendous and rare Eye Brand knife. Having now seen your example I would consider it among the most rare patterns out there. Thanks for sharing that one. Kindles my old desire to get out there again and see what I can turn up.

Joe D.

User avatar
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 8615
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:20 am
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby Paladin » Thu May 31, 2018 2:00 pm

Thanks, Joe. I have seen only two of them and was lucky enough to land this one. Besides being in the safe, it is in the box marked 'Do Not Sell'.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

User avatar
bronze4u
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 am
Location: Tiburon
Contact:

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby bronze4u » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:39 am

EyeBJoe wrote:Very interesting Eye Brand knife, Mr. bronze4u. My guess is it is a fairly rare pattern. I found it in a 1950 Eye Brand catalog copy I have, without the engraving. My guess is anyone ordering the knife in quantity could have their choice of engraving. I also found it in a 1953 catalog with “imitation pearl (celluloid) scales”. Good luck in finding another one. It would be a keeper for sure.7B92D446-105F-4498-9076-CC161441ADD2.jpeg


Yes, I am pretty sure it’s a rare one. I have kept and eye out for over three years now. No luck yet! Thanks for the input....
"I am looking for more "Ring-Turn" knives for trade, or purchase." Message me if you like

mrwatch
Posts: 1126
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:58 pm
Location: michigan

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby mrwatch » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:49 am

Ray, your comment goes along with the penguin in the Blues Brothers smacking Jake's hands until he rolled down the stairs in the old time school desk. :mrgreen: sat in them all thru skool.

User avatar
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 8615
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:20 am
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby Paladin » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:39 am

bronze4u wrote:Hello guys! So I am hunting one of these guys if anyone knows where I can score one?

Sorry for the cropped pic

Thanks

Kirk

GERMAN EYE RING TURN.jpg

I just ran across one listed on the Bay. Here is a link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-GERMAN-EYE ... Sw5Z5bivju .

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae

User avatar
bronze4u
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 am
Location: Tiburon
Contact:

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby bronze4u » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:27 am

Paladin wrote:
bronze4u wrote:Hello guys! So I am hunting one of these guys if anyone knows where I can score one?

Thanks, I already bid on it early this morning Ray. Thanks for the head up though!

Kirk

GERMAN EYE RING TURN.jpg

I just ran across one listed on the Bay. Here is a link.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-GERMAN-EYE ... Sw5Z5bivju .

Ray
"I am looking for more "Ring-Turn" knives for trade, or purchase." Message me if you like

User avatar
bronze4u
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 450
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:05 am
Location: Tiburon
Contact:

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby bronze4u » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 am

So, I won the bid, on the Carl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife $86.00!

Placing my ring turn collection at 100 ring turns!!! Yeehaw!!!! ::ds::
I can tell these are not the original slip rings. (I will place some stainless old ones on, from a junker ring turn.)

Thanks Ray, for the heads up!

Kirk

Carl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife 1.jpg
Carl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife 2.jpg
Carl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife 3.jpg


UPDATE ON THIS KNIFE!

I just received it today and removed some vintage rings off another duplicate ring turn... Place them on and took my own pics really quick like. ::tu::
Never sharpened! The main blade is not a very strong 'snapper', it's hit or miss with these little 'give away knives' most were cheaply made for advertising someones business 'Customer Gifts'.... ::handshake:: ::groove::

ring list 100 Carl Schleiper 'Eye Brand' Solingen - Germany .jpg
ring list 100 Carl Schleiper 'Eye Brand' Solingen - Germany 2.jpg
"I am looking for more "Ring-Turn" knives for trade, or purchase." Message me if you like

User avatar
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Posts: 8615
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:20 am
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Anyone have a German Eye ring turn knife?

Postby Paladin » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:29 am

bronze4u wrote:So, I won the bid, on the Carl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife $86.00!

Placing my ring turn collection at 100 ring turns!!! Yeehaw!!!! ::ds::
I can tell these are not the original slip rings. (I will place some stainless old ones on, from a junker ring turn.)

Thanks Ray, for the heads up!

Kirk

Carl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife 1.jpgCarl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife 2.jpgCarl Schlieper Seeing Eye ring turn knife 3.jpg

You're welcome and glad you landed it.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae


Return to “German Eye Collector's Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 34 guests