Need help identifying old german eye

Casbenson

Need help identifying old german eye

Post by Casbenson »

My father collected knives & since he has passed I'm trying to identify & catalogue all his knives. Please bear with me because I know nothing about knives or correct terminology. But since this was a passion of his, I am making it a passion of mine.
The first one I'm interested in is an old knife he had given me when I was younger. I am assuming it is a German Eye because where the blade attaches to the handle there is an eye with sunrays & Germany. The opposite side says Rustless. The blade has been sharpened a lot but on the blade I am able to make out eye with sunrays on each end and written in between the eyes is Surgical Steel Hammer Forged. The handle is a brown wood or bone material. The blade is a single blade that locks open. And there is no shield or anything on the handle.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Paladin
Bronze Tier
Bronze Tier
Location: Near Austin, Texas, between a Rock and a Weird Place

Re: Need help identifying old german eye

Post by Paladin »

Glad to help and the description does sound like an Eye Brand knife. If you have a collection, you'll need to get used to posting photos and one or two will be needed here. Closed length of the knife, a good clear close-up of the tang stamp and photos of the knife with the blade ¼ or ½ open are things that will help in the photos.
Sorry you lost your father.
Welcome to the forum.

Ray
Paladin

God Bless the USA
Please visit my store SWEETWATER KNIVES
"Buy more ammo" - Johnnie Fain
"I'm glad I ain't scared to be lazy." Augustus McCrae
Mumbleypeg
Gold Tier
Gold Tier

Re: Need help identifying old german eye

Post by Mumbleypeg »

Welcome to AAPK. For a quick tutorial on knife terms just click on “Research” in the header up there at the top of the page. That will take you here https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/page/research.php. The first header has links to a glossary, a graphic illustration showing the parts of a knife, and so on.

Instructions for posting pictures can be found here viewforum.php?f=98. Just scroll down until you see the thread about your device/software.

Ken
Member AKTI, TSRA, NRA.

If your religion requires that you hate someone, you need a new religion.

When the people fear their government, that is tyranny. When government fears the people, that is freedom.

https://www.akti.org/

Return to “German Eye”